1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Snow Removal Equipment

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by toroman1992, Jan 4, 2012.

1. toroman1992

toroman1992 Junior Member

Hey everyone,

My name is Matt and I am new to the site! I have been operating a small lawn/snow removal service for a few years now. I have been pretty small up to this point, now, I can finally gain some efficiency with my latest addition!

The tractor shown is a Toro GMT 200. Not too many of these around. I am hoping to use this for my sidewalk snow removal along with opening up the driveways. Also pictured are my Toro Snow Commander and my Toro Power Clear 221q

The tractor also comes with a Vacuum that sits in the rear bed, a 60" mower deck. Such a spiffy tractor to have

I am aware that the glass is cracked for the cab. My plan is to remove the cab in spring, paint the cab, replace the glass and throw the mower deck on.

Tell me what you think!

Matthew Lawonn
    Lawonn Lawn & Landscaping
    Milwaukee, WI

2. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

Thats tractors pretty cool. How many driveways do you do and how old is the tractor?
  3. toroman1992

I've got about 15. Depends on the snowfall. I pick up accounts as I go and then solidify them during summer. I hope this year I pick up many more. People will see this beast and have me stop I'm sure!

Its a 1980 Toro GMT 200
    (its not a Groundsmaster either...its a Grounds Maintenance Tractor)
  4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I would love to have one of those tractors. I could pick up a lot of sidewalk work in my city. Nice Fleet. How do you like the SnoCommander so far. I have one also and the thing is a beast.
  5. toroman1992

It's like a Ventrac before Ventrac :nod: Toro purchased a company, Hesston, and used the design for a few years (late 1970's to early 80's) They had a 3-wheeler and the one shown above. Supposedly, they produced a model that was only made 1 year...I'd really like to see that one!

Also, I have not been able to use the Toro Snow Commander yet. I bought it off of CL for $250...got it running and awaiting snow in Milwaukee!
  6. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

I'd like to see more pics and maybe even videos of that tractor. Sure looks Cool!!

I'm not sure if a guy in my old home town used to have one...just mowed with it tho.
  7. toroman1992

I've got a video on the Toro Yard facebook page. Click "Like" and Im sure you will be able to watch. Click HD/HQ for best viewing!

I still had the leaf vacuum on the back when I took the video. Tell me whatcha think!
  8. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

I loved the video! Super Cool Machine!

The only complaint I would have is that I could not hear the thing run over the music. I'd be completely happy w/o any music! Good Video either way!

9. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Nice equipment, love the GMT 200. Can you still get parts? I'm a Toro man myself.Thumbs Up
  10. toroman1992

LOL. Thanks! Its a 20 hp Kohler k-series. The engine has been rebuilt by the previous owner, but it purrrsss like a kitten! Smooth runner

My camera has a poor audio capturing feature :eek: So I have always used music on the videos. Hopefully, when Milwaukee sees some snow, I will make a video of it in action. I can't wait!

While I went up to visit Toro this past summer, they had me demo their equipment. An intern made a quick video of the day. Here's to a green, summer ahead!

11. 97f250Heavyduty

97f250Heavyduty Senior Member

Nice machines.

How do you like that snow commander, What i hear is they are either great or suck LOL.
  12. toroman1992

I'm loving it too! Such a maneuverable, multi-season tractor to have around!

Parts are at a premium. Reinder's is the place I go.
  13. toroman1992

Haven't had the opportunity to use it yet. Picked it up in October. Even if it isn't the most productive piece, it is still one of the most unique single stages! :)