1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Sno-way wouldnt go down!

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by tjthorson, Feb 22, 2009.

1. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

Yesterday i had my first "problem" with my sno-way MT after 6 years. I backed into a neighbors driveway, drove out plowing - and the plow tripped on the edge of the sidewalk.

I lifted the plow to drive out into the street and plow the snowpile back onto the parkway. the plow wouldnt go down! It would go higher, left, right, etc. No down.....

So - I drove up the street to my driveway, and was ready to pull that MT off and put on the other "manual control" MT I bought for parts earlier in the year. Im trying to figure out how to get the plow off the jeep while its all the way in the air without requiring medical care.

but - just for grins, I pulled the pump cover. One of the little wires on a solenoid came off! Of course - as I touch the wire, the plow started dropping - watch your feet!

I took some pliers and tightened up the crimp on the connector and reinstalled it....

Sno-way FTW! I was getting all freaked out for nothing.....

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

6 yeatrs and this is the first problem you are doing great.
    A testimony to Sno-Way.

3. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

I have been very fortunate - and my SnoWay doesnt get a ton of use - not like some guys do.... I plow about 10 driveways each time. i also think I have been pretty lucky because I really dont get paid for plowing - its all neighbors, relatives, friends, etc.... So - maybe I get a little "maintenance" from the good Man upstairs keeping the snoway running so I can keep up the "Catholic Charities" plow... :D

I did have some chrome peeling off a lift cylinder way back when. And Snoway sent me a cylinder out right away.... Thats why you see me talking up the snoway any chance I get... great company and great bunch of people. i just feel bad because I havent bought anything in 6 years (other then a poly scraper and mount for the Jeep).... probably isnt helping their bottom line much... :D

4. sparky8370

sparky8370 Senior Member

If it happens for more than 4 hours, see a Doctor.