1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my smashed plowtruck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by JGsnow, Feb 6, 2008.

1. JGsnow

JGsnow Junior Member
    from nw ohio

new to this site and thought i would share a quick photo. here is a picture of what used to be my 2006 chevy 2500hd. obviously i won't be plowing any snow with this truck ever again. it is unfortunate but i am greatful i was not seriously injured, just extremely sore and got some stitches, digging out some glass still. this happened last saturday afternoon and what caused the damage was t boning a tree . i have lots more photos of the truck inside and out, but they are with the insurance company right now. will post others as soon as i get them back.

2. slade

slade Senior Member

WOW That looks like a hard impact. Glad to hear you are alright.
  3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

sux bad bro
  4. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

that sucks...how did it happen?
  5. JGsnow

JGsnow Junior Member
    from nw ohio

how it happened was i had the steel v plow on the front of it, and no ballast in the backend of the truck. earlier on in the day i had 500 lbs of ice melt in the tailgate spreader and some in the back yet to boot. we had about 2 inches of snow so after plowing i salted all of my accounts. it just was light in the backend, hit a slick spot, got sideways and couldn't get it corrected. i would say i was doing 45-50 mph down the road but when i went sideways it was like a slingshot. maybe i was imagining it but it sure like i was gaining speed as i got closer and closer to the tree. in all it pushed the passenger side doors over to the center console and bent the frame of the truck 2.5 ft. as you can see by the bed it is 14 inches offset from the edge of the cab to edge of the bed.
  6. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks like you are VERY lucky to be alive!!! Just be glad that you didn't have someone sitting next to you!

MOUNTAIN MOVER Junior Member

HOLY CRAP, Thank the good lord your O.K.........the truck can be replaced but a life cannot.
    You better go to church
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Always hate to see a good truck go down [​IMG]

But very happy to hear no serious injuries... she got hit hard!
  9. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

that sucks man. glad to hear your ok.

are you able to salvage anything at this point. like you plow setup and sander?
  10. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Glad to hear you are all right. The truck can be replaced you life can't
  11. toyman

toyman Senior Member

I think a little bit of bondo and front end alignment and that thing can go back to work:nod:.

Glad you're ok, sorry about your truck.

12. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

sorry to see that! glad your ok!!

quick question, were you running in 2wd?

it just comes to mind, i've seen a few bad wrecks, and my friend who almost died last year in march..it was caused patly by him not running in 4x4 and lost control on a patch of ice.
  13. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

ya seroiusly lucky no one came along for a ride or there was a shovelr in the front seat, that would be the end of his life, if he was lucky.
  14. Kingwinter

Kingwinter Senior Member

that looks like a hard hit!
  15. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

this is why we spend so much for insurance because when u battle mother nature its like war and everyonce in awhile there is a death to a valued soldier. at least u get a new ride glad ur ok and nobody got hurt.
  16. ch973934

ch973934 Senior Member

Dude that's nasty! Glad to hear you're ok, and that it was the passenger side not the driver's side...Kind of makes you stop and think don't it? Always sucks that something has to happen to make us realize...

Good luck with the insurance man, and again good to hear you're alright!

17. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a hard hit! Glad to hear your ok! Good luck getting another truck up and going!!
  18. JGsnow

JGsnow Junior Member
    from nw ohio

definately was a huge wake up call for me and i feel extremely fortunate to be sitting here typing on plowsite and not somewhere else. a lot of things happened that were lucky like nobody riding with me and hitting on the passenger side instead of my driver's side door. i thank the lord every night before i go to to sleep. at this point it is hard to say about the plow. will now more once we get it off the front of the truck. the poly hopper on the western swing away spreader is broke in one corner. it has a new vibrator motor and some other parts that i will take off, new battery off the truck,ect. i know the moldboard and lights are ok on the hiniker v, if it is indeed damaged i will prob. buy it back from the insurance company and mount it up to a skidsteer. thanks for the responses
  19. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

hey man jump over on the ohio snow thread in the networking section bunch of nuts in there. whos ur ins company?
  20. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

wow that looks bad!