1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My skid steer pusher! Make your own cheap!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mrplowdude, Feb 13, 2007.

1. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

Just finished painting my pusher made from a old fisher plow. Heres a pic. I'm going to get more pics tonight of it doing work.

pusher1.JPG

2. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

This was an 8' blade. My friend made one out of a 9' fisher as well. The most it should cost you is about $1000 to make it and paint it. This one also has a rubber edge.

pusher2.JPG

3. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

looks good, what size are the reinforcment bars?? For some reason i was thinking this thread was going to be a full sheet of plywood strapped to your skid.

4. Jray3369

Jray3369 Junior Member

man all i have is a poly balde laying around. I may be able to bolt through it to the frame? Ho do you have it mounted? Pictures? Jordan

5. jason t.

jason t. Member

It looks like you did a nice job, but I have one question. With the steel cutting egde, what is going to give if you catch something (i.e:manhole, crack in pavement)? I spend a lot of hours using my pusher and the steel trip edge has save me ore than one.

6. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

HEY!!!!!!!!!! Whats wrong with plywood, at the end of the season you could burn it
    GIT-ER-DONE

7. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Looks good to me. Also GSORK, do you have any pics posted of that JD in your bio?

8. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

can we see more pictures of the back of how you mounted the attachment plate. I would like to do this for my skid, don't need it for this year but will need it for next year.

9. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

I will get some from the back tommorow. Heres a few of it in action

skidpusher.JPG

10. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

another. I love this thing.

skidpusher2.JPG

11. Mr frosty

Mr frosty Member
    from canada

Hey could you post a picture on how you mounted the skid steer bracket. I am wondering on the hight of the bracket. Also is there anything you would want to change on the new pusher?
    Thanks Its looks great

12. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

Here are the pics of the mounting plate on the back

backpusher.JPG

13. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

Some of the braces had to be cut off the fisher. As you can see from my mistake by the extra cuts after painting test fit first to make sure it will fit. I had to go back and cut about 1/4" more off in some areas.

pusherback.JPG

14. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

Heres one of the front. It has a rubber cutting edge, and angle iron for the braces.

pusherfront.JPG

15. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

That is sweet, I want a 10' pusher but maybe I can find a 9' somewhere for cheap and do that up. I have the Fab and welding skills so might as well save some money.

thanks

16. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

You might be able to find a 10' fisher blade. My friend has one on his international, but he will only sell it with the truck. Only problem is he wants to much for the truck.

17. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

You can usually pick up just blades for really cheap money. I know BigDogD had some large ones for sale a while back.

EDIT: Here is the link. Looks like the biggest he had/has were 9 footers. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=36465

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  18. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

at my work that is what happens to all the plows when they get too old for truck use. its a great cheap way to move snow

19. Mr frosty

Mr frosty Member
    from canada

Hey how come you welded your trip? Does it work better that way or was the old fisher worn out? Also do you like the rubber edge or the steel better? Thanks

20. jason t.

jason t. Member

I didn't realize from the original pictures you had a rubber cuttting edge, how much wear was there on the edge in your first outing?