1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my setup

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by cjd173, Jan 10, 2009.

1. cjd173

cjd173 Junior Member

a short vid of my setup. 2 four head LED sticks in front, code 3 LEDs on toolbox, and whelen hideaways in the tails. My camera can't keep up with the strobes but youo get the idea.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs154UhykkA

2. Crystal Creek

Crystal Creek Junior Member

Very nice setup. There looks like a flash coming from under the rear bumper. Is there something there, are is that just a reflection. How much was the lightsticks in the front window. I would really like to add those to my rig. How make them?

3. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

.......Nice.......

4. cjd173

cjd173 Junior Member

Thanks for the compliments. The lights in the winshield are from a company named Whacker USA. They are two sticks with four heads each. I think i paid 150 each. There are no lights by the rear bumper, only the hideaways in the tail and reverse lights.

5. Oasis

Oasis Senior Member

Nice setup, your tail lights they strobe red... I think ? I thought I was the only one doing that lol...

6. cjd173

cjd173 Junior Member

Thanks oasis. They strobe red and clear. They are set to flash in an X pattern (left turn right reverse then the opposite) and keep alternating like that. Makes sure the rear of the truck is never dark that way.

7. busydaddy

busydaddy Junior Member

just a thought red flashing lifts in ontario only legal on fire, police , and ambulance. A cambridge towing company was fined for having red strobes in taillights on a heavy wrecker. OPP suspended using them for calls for 30 days also.

8. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

what brand of plow is that?

9. Oasis

Oasis Senior Member

Red and blue lights to the front restricted

(14.1) In addition to the lighting requirements in this Part, a police department vehicle may carry lamps that cast red and blue lights, but no other motor vehicle shall carry any lamp that casts red and blue lights to the front. 2007, c. 13, s. 17 (2).

Red light in front

(15) In addition to the lighting requirements in this Part, a vehicle described in subsection (15.1) may carry lamps that cast a red light only or such other colour of light that may, with the approval of the ministry, be designated by a by-law of the municipality in which the vehicle is operated, but no other motor vehicle shall carry any lamp that casts a red light to the front. 1998, c. 35, s. 103.

They face the rear not the front.

10. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

nice looking setup, and what brand and type are the lights that you have running along the bottom of your truck?

11. cjd173

cjd173 Junior Member

hamelfire, the plow is a curtis snow pro 3000. I have had this plow since 2003. pwerstroke6john, the lights under the doors were purchased from autolumination.com. They have six leds each and are made to fit into channels or narrow spots. hope this helps.