1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Setup, TIR3 and Strobe Mini-Bar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Welderguy24, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Welderguy24

Welderguy24 Member

Been reading on here for a long time but never really posted anything. I don't know what it is but i just love strobe and led lighting, guess i've been bitten by the "bug". Also i've seen a lot of people asking about the Whelen TIR3's and how/where to put them. I do not have a plow put would like a 7-6 or 8 foot western uni mount just need to find one in my price range, right now i just pull a skid around from site to site.

I have two TIR3's mounted under the tailgate above the bumper as well as some Piranha LED clearance/marker lights. I mounted them high enough to "see" over the bumper but do not interfere with opening of the tailgate. Up front are another pair of TIR3's hid in the grill. I did not use the black bezels here and just bolted them to a piece of perf angle iron and bolted that to the grill. It's not the best install but will do for now. I plan on doing a better job when i get a new vehicle, but this one just isn't worth it. :rolleyes: All four are wired together on one power switch as well as one momentary for pattern change. They are all also synced to each other as well.

On the roof is a Star Warning Systems 9200SMQ. It's a quad flashing (4 left, 4 right....) Strobe Mini bar. it's not my favorite and doesn't seem to through much light but the price was right ($50). To anyone else i would not recommend one.

Well here's some pics and a video, i'll get some better ones tonight. And i know, my pickup is a POS, no need to let me know, i just cant seem to kill it, 272,xxx miles and still pulls a skid pretty good.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  2. Welderguy24

Welderguy24 Member

more pictures

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  3. Welderguy24

Welderguy24 Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H8XAQeYJAt4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H8XAQeYJAt4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Very nice. I always like the TIR 3's. I'd say you've gotten your money's worth out of your truck. Nothing wrong with running her til she dies.

5. Welderguy24

Welderguy24 Member

oh i definitely have, i'm surprised it still runs and drives after the abuse i've put it through, i'm a ford man at heart but you just can't dis the SB350, best motor (gas) ever made IMO

6. jd328

jd328 Junior Member

definitally seen that truck in alex before you never pull skidder here do you? i i use a white f350 with blue flames on it and pull a jd328 on a 24 foot tandom. nice strobs

7. Welderguy24

Welderguy24 Member

no down in the cities i do, haven't pulled anything around here yet, although my buddy plows walgreens, you've probably seen his dodge there with hideaways there

8. jd328

jd328 Junior Member

the guy that drives up and down broadway for no reason with the plow on ya ive seen him. isnt he just a sub though. definitally be puttin a bid on that next year

9. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like you need a new front? What ate the bumper and grill guard

10. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

LOL i like the ford emblem on the front:)

11. Welderguy24

Welderguy24 Member

not really, he's a pretty small guy and has trouble getting around so he'll usually get someone to help get the plow on then just leave it on till he's done. we're usually runnin around doin some smaller jobs before we go do the bigger ones. and he's not a sub he bid that lot and got it

12. Welderguy24

Welderguy24 Member

the brick corner of my old apt building, came home one late night and slid on the ice right smack into the corner of the bricks :drinkup: woops.

and that truck has never let me down once i put the ole blue oval up there