1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My setup. Have a look see

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by HereToLearn, Dec 13, 2004.

1. HereToLearn

HereToLearn Member

I love the plow. I'd like to paint it or at least touch it up. Any suggestions?

DogsnTruck 005.jpg

2. HereToLearn

HereToLearn Member

Another angle. I have lights on the back rack as well as under the rear bumper near the hitch. Haven't finished wiring the ones up top yet. Still have to feed them to a toggle in the dash.

DogsnTruck 006.jpg

3. HereToLearn

HereToLearn Member

Here's where I mounted the control. I like the position, right near the gear shift selector. I did play with the idea of putting it on the door panel next to the lock/window buttons, but the right side felt better.

DogsnTruck 007.jpg

4. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Nice truck, Love the way those older Dodges look! :waving:

5. HereToLearn

HereToLearn Member

I'm going to mount the toggle for the rear lights next to the over drive button

6. HereToLearn

HereToLearn Member

Thanks

I actually just test drove a 2002 Dodge Ram. Felt like I was driving a toy, and they look very plasticy, kinda like a saturn. Don't get me wrong, I love em, but the older style just looks meaner and beefier

7. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I agree, looked at one at the state fair. The interior is nothing but cheap plastic.

8. norrod

norrod Senior Member

I also agree. I love my 97' RAM 1500. I am getting a new truck next year, but it's going to be an F-350.

9. norrod

norrod Senior Member

HereToLearn, Nice truck.

10. HereToLearn

HereToLearn Member

Thanks Norrod. Actually heading out right now, we have about 2 inches right now. Possibly 3 by the evening

11. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

trying to read the mileage...does the odo say 168k?

how do you keep a gas engine running that long??? i would love to know the answer to that!

12. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking setup you have there. Have fun plowing tonight.

13. norrod

norrod Senior Member

It looks like that's what is reads. I just rolled 130K on my Dodge RAM with the 318. I have never had any trouble with it other than a waterpump this past summer. Still burns as clean as it ever did.

14. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

I have 2 98 Jeep Grand Cherokees Limiteds. 1 with the 318 and 1 with a 360. I have had nothing but trouble with both of them. the 318 only has 58k on it while the 360 has 102k. guess we got a couple of bad apples!

15. HereToLearn

HereToLearn Member

It's actually 145k guys. Its been a great truck, had it 5 years now. No major problems, just the little stuff that wears out. I did, however, have to change the water pump too. Did it myself with a reworked pump, saved a few hundo. Tranny slips and hesitates at times, but what do you expect with 145k + miles.

Plowing went great tonight, it was my first full night on my own.

16. HereToLearn

HereToLearn Member

I lied, I just replaced the started last week. Forgot to mention it