1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Service Log

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Karlboro, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Karlboro

Karlboro Junior Member

I have used snow logs posted by others on this site. We still do the pen and paper in a plastic clipboard routine in each truck. Attached is my edited version of a service log that we currently use. So far this form seems to be working very well with the guys.

I'm just trying to give give something back to the forum.

Attached Files:

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Way I do it each truck has a list and each time They finish a job they let me know on the radio I write it down in my Log Book That way I know whats done So nothing gets skip Plus I know where everybody is at all times
    Done this since (1981)
    With each rig they have there own List of jobs and a Full list of everything Clear tape to a clip board So when they get done with there list they can help others out with there list
    Sidewalk crew has there own Log Book and at end of the day I'll rewrite it in my Log Book
  3. Karlboro

Karlboro Junior Member

That sounds fairly similar to how we do things. Inside each clip board is a list of all addresses, which truck usually has that location, and services required at each location. Works well for when a truck gets sent to a location they normally don't service.
  4. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

5. Karlboro

Karlboro Junior Member

maelawncare, your log sheet originally posted in that thread heavily influenced what mine turned out to be. So thanks for that!
    I was going to post my log sheet over there but I noticed the topic has recently been about the apps. Something that I need to catch up on.