1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My S10

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by phoenix827, Dec 3, 2003.

1. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

Ok, for all of you that were getting sick of me begging for pics so I could figure this out,, Here ya go! lol In cab, not where I wanted it, but IS out of the way more then it looks. Was supposed to go up on the face of the dash. See the holes? lol

misc stuff 009.jpg

2. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

pump mount from hell!
    This has taken me almost 2 weeks to figure out and get in! 1 week of vacation, and 2 weekends!

misc stuff 010.jpg

3. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

Ya, it's a bit tight in there

misc stuff 013.jpg

4. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

bracket I built. Pump is on the right, alternator on the left

misc stuff 014.jpg

5. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

Better shot of the bracket assy. NO it is NOT going to stay bolted together with the little bolts! It is bolted right into the ext manifold, that is the one spot that isn't wimpy bolts. Only thing I have to do now is get new lines, put the brace on the back of the pump, get the drive pully and belt, (got one for sale?) and go get the blade!

misc stuff 015.jpg

6. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

the whole bracket is made from 1/4" by 4" angle iron, blew up my angle gringer cutting it, and think I killed the die grinder the same way! lol Also broke 2-3 drill bits. I would give my right arm to have acess to a real shop!
    Just waiting to go get the blade!!:D

misc stuff 016.jpg

Last edited: Dec 3, 2003
  7. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

I must say, you dont lack motivation !

:)

8. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

:dizzy: ROTFL!!!:eek:

Lets see, this all started to come together about the middle of OCT!! I had it almost 2 weeks before I started tring to figure it out, Then I found this site and THAT is what kept me motivated!!!

But thank you, haveing almost 2 weeks off helped a lot too!:D

9. I think one word summs it up: WOW!!!

Nice job.

10. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I agree with Vector, motivation is "EVERYTHING" when you get to a point you can't figure out, stepping back and thinking about it over night helps out allot !!!

Nice job, best of luck with the blade..:)

11. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

Thanx you guys. Means a lot coming from people that know what they are doing! (yes, I AM serious)
    Got the blade today, everything works ok except I NEED to get the drive pulley as my cordless drill wouldn't spin the pump fast enough to build up enough pressure to lift it!!:rolleyes:
    Bonus! It has a (well worn) urathane edge on it!! Only has about 1/4" left on the ends before it hits metal tho:( guess I am getting a new one REAL soon!
    One other thing. I got no shoes?(feet, pads etc) Or even mounts for them?:confused: Anyone know why? Is it just because it is such a small blade?

12. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I know on the very small Western plows, you don't get feet, I would imagine it would be the same for Fisher. With a U edge, you dont need shoes, so that's a plus!

Looks like a good setup!

13. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

Thanx Snowy! Anyone know where I can find the right U edge for this thing? Supposed to be a 6'6" blade (yes I need to check it) with 9 bolts.Everything I have been finding says 6'9" with 8 bolts! :confused: Any ideas?

14. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Contact Dino, plowking35. He sells Urethane edeges and spinners. I think you may be able to reach him through www.arcticgroomer.com or if you can't get a hold of him, garagekeeper also is a dealer.

15. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

Dead link Snowy

16. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member