1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my rig

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BIG.BLUE, Nov 22, 2007.

1. BIG.BLUE

BIG.BLUE Junior Member

it was a toy now it has to work

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  2. BIG.BLUE

BIG.BLUE Junior Member

Copy of IMG_7871.JPG hope this works

Copy of IMG_7871.JPG

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks a bit funny with the stock rims/ street tires on it.

Do you even need plow lights? The stock lights appear to reach over the plow.

4. BIG.BLUE

BIG.BLUE Junior Member

Copy of IMG_7870.JPG no i really didnt need the plow lights. yes i know it looks funny with the stocks, but in the summer i run it with chrome and 39s.

Copy of IMG_7870.JPG

5. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Thats a pretty high truck. Nice plow though, the mount seems low to the ground.

6. BIG.BLUE

BIG.BLUE Junior Member

when they made the mount they dropped it the same amount as the truck was lifted. they tried to get as close to specs as they could. i was thinking the same and hope it isn't a problem.

7. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

With your headlights so high you should make that your stock lights and plow lights work at the same time. You can never have too much light.

8. BIG.BLUE

BIG.BLUE Junior Member

i will keep that in mind.

9. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

That mount is going to look really ugly when the plow is off.

10. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

funny i have been calling my truck big blue for like 4 years, lol looks good, hopefully it does good plowing. in the off season i would just pull the mount off so it doesnt look weird.

11. ljrce

ljrce Senior Member

looks nice any pics with the 39s on

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Or to little? The truck's headlight circuits would not like doubling the amp load. the truck would probably start eating headlight switches.

13. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

You would have to wire the plow lights on there own circuit (like backup lights) with a heavy duty switch on the dash. That is the best way to do it.

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That would be a solution if you felt you really need the extra light and amperage draw

15. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Well there goes all ground clearance, which I might assume was a goal with the lift. Best of luck with it

~Kevin

16. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Thats a tall truck! Looks nice, I like that body style a lot. I knew a few guys back around high school that used even taller lifted Chevy trucks and they loved having it so tall, they just lowered the mount like you did. I bet the visibility will be good! Lets pray for a bunch of snow, and go make some $$!