1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My rig

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by swolff, Jan 5, 2005.

1. swolff

swolff Junior Member

Here is my set up;
    1998 Expedition 134K
    Snoway MT80
    wireless remote Ploy plow

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  2. swolff

swolff Junior Member

another angle

another View

3. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Looks kinda similar, huh??? Have you had a chance to use it yet? Just waiting for the first snow here in DC. Wondering how long I'll have to wait!!

I almost went with the snoway, but the dealer was too far for service and all.

misc 103c flip.jpg
  4. swolff

swolff Junior Member

got to use it twice

We have only had 21 inches of snow here this year. Quite a bit below normal. We are expecting snow tonight. I like the down pressure and the stacking ability of the snoway. I used a boss last year on a F350 that couldn't stack as high and left a lot of clean up. Could have been due to the maneuverability of the crew cab and 8 foot box though. This one makes quick work of tight lots.
  5. Bradlamby

Bradlamby Junior Member

what make the snoway so much better for stacking?
  6. swolff

swolff Junior Member

I don't know if it is a misconseption on my part or it may do to the mounting system but it appears to be able to lift higher and I can ride up the bank more without digging in sort of like a ramp. Might have to do with the weight of the truck???
  7. CTPlow

CTPlow Member

re: used it twice

Youve had 21" up through Jan 5th and you only went out twice???
  8. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

I've been thinking about getting a plow for the wife's expedition, as a backup, at least.

I'd be interested in hearing back from time to time about your expedition experience...how things are going... what you broke. :) That kind of stuff.

9. swolff

swolff Junior Member

CT: The 21 inches we got came and went with melting early in the year. Not worth pushing 1 or 2 inches at a time. Lake affect would come in at night and melt during the day. Life in sunny Syracuse.

The truck works great. It pushes snow fine one lot I push half of (2 owners) the other guy has a Myer with the chain I can stack higher then him. The expedition give me great visability and with the 5.4L V8 it pushes good! We have had about 70 inches so far this year and I have been out often. The plow does not cause much sage as it is very light. The expedition has never experianced any overheating like the Boss V I had on a F350 land yatch 4 door long bed.

Nothing has broken yet but the truck is getting old '98 with 140k and is tempramental in going into 4wd. (hate electronic shifting) I have to play with it switch turn off the ignition switch to 4 low then get it to lock then go to 4 high.