1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Rig and Introduction

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by drivewaydoctor, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Hey all,

Great site you have here. Thought it would be best for me to introduce myself and post a photo of my rig.

Name is John, I own a company called "The Driveway Doctor" and we provide asphalt sealing, repair and paving in the summer. Snow removal in the winter. Mostly residential.

We have two trucks. One is a 1996 Ford F-250 HD 2WD which we put a snow blower in the box and it does the downtown Toronto core. Very tight streets that don't allow for a plow. This way we can take advance of a market not many other companies want.

My plow truck is a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD that I imported from Mass, USA. Its an amazing truck. It was owned by a US Army diesel mechanic so it was well taken care of. Just about every part on the truck is less than a few years old. lol Its equipped with an older cable driven Western 8' plow.

Here is a couple of photos of my rig.

[​IMG]

The back where you can see extra lights wired up to my backrack. They are controlled by a toggle switch in the cab. I'm in the process of installing 4 offroad lights on the top of the rack for more light infront of the truck.

[​IMG]

2. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Nice truck and welcome to plowsite!

3. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

Make sure your alternator can handle all the lights. You may need to upgrade that first. I don't know how many times I've seen guy dead in a lot because the ignition failed. Same with putting in a Kick A** sound system.

4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

new guy

welcome to the site ,we got a new doc in the family now !!!tymusic

5. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice truck!!

6. Grampa Plow

Grampa Plow Senior Member
    from Midwest

Welcome Doc! The more heads we have, the better our solutions!

7. lumps

lumps Senior Member

I didn't realize 1500's came in an ext cab long bed configuration... learn something new everyday! Also, nice exhaust tip you've got there. Welcome to the site!

8. Me either until I got this one. I've found they are rather rare.

Thanks for noticing the tips. The exhaust is a Flowmaster Catback 50 Series with Corvette Tips out the side. It sounds really powerful, a little louder and richer than the Hemi.

9. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Welcome to Plowsite Doc!

10. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

doc is your truck on fire in that pic

11. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Nice lookin Dodge there! That's in real nice shape. How does a 1/2 ton with an extended cab and long bed handle an 8' snow plow? Just wondering because a lot of guys on here recommend 7.5' plows for 1/2 tons.

12. JBMiller616

JBMiller616 Senior Member

lol....I think the exhaust dumps before the axle....................

13. This truck has a suspension lift and its not stock suspension. Everything is re-enforced and more heavy duty. Its actually a little bigger than the Ram 2500. So, it handles the 8' plow with ease. I'm willing to bet I could even go bigger if I wanted to. Although its a 97, the frame doesn't even have a spot of rust on it. The previous owner washed the underneath after every time he drove it. I got a little rust on the rocker panels but that only started to happen since I brought the truck to Canada.

The exhaust does dump before the rear axle. This truck use to lower a boat down the ramp into the water. The exhaust was modified so it would never submerge the tips under water. And it looks cooler too... haha

Thanks for the warm welcome and comments on my truck.

PS.. Thanks for the comment on the alternator. I installed a 130amp alternator tonight. (it was a 90) Made a big difference. I'm putting a second battery in next week. Leaving tomorrow for a 3 day hunting trip so no time today.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  14. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

In the first pic, what is that green stuff to the right of the truck. I haven't seen any for so long I'm not sure what it is.

15. lol cet, you guys dont have green stuff up there in Newmarket?
    I do a ton of work in Newmarket in the summer. (driveways) I love that place...

16. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I must have a foot of snow in the backyard. It would be nice to have a melt but not looking too good.

17. Thats funny. Your only an hour away and I couldn't make a snowball to save my life here... LOL

18. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

You will have to post some action pics.