1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My rig after 114 hrs of hard work in the colorado high country

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Rich Hunter, Jan 2, 2007.

1. This is my truck that I bought brand new in dec of 87. It has been a really good truck to me it has a 6in lift dana 60 axels detroit in rear and a 440. This truck has had a plow on it from the week it was new. Granted I have broke a lot of parts till I got this combo under it.As soon as I get paid I am going to get new tall skinny tires had some nice swampers on it but some scumbag stole them when I had the truck down at my shop in town. Tall and skinny is the way to go in snow I only got my summer tires on it for a lack of better ones. At the risk of sounding like a dork the plates are gonna say sno-dozer when renewall comes up!

Picture 016.jpg

2. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Nice rig. How did everything go up there? Thought about driving there, then thought twice. Would have been 10 hour drive. Did you see any out of towners up there? Thats a nice paycheck.

3. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

What was the longest the truck ran for? How many tanks of gas? And how much of a difference did the chains make?

4. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

He's sleeping......

5. hesko1

hesko1 Member

Hey!!! What is all That White Stuff?

6. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

man that must be nice a 114 hours thats some serious cash man good for you i just wish we had some
    in your storm pic thread you said it was on the clock out doing clean ups do you have someone else drive it?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  7. 114 hrs

Went pretty well! The log books say 44 hrs up here in conifer between the 2 storms then 70.5 in town doing parking lots 12 hrs of drive time with that too. I put in 67 and my other driver put in 47. We have another truck but the tranny guys dropped the ball and didnt get it done in time and its a dodge too. Thats why we logged so many hrs on one truck. I would say that it ran for about 35 hrs straight on the first storm and then had a day off for service and minor repairs. Then when the 2nd storm hit it was balls out trying to keep up! I dont recall seeing anybody from out of state but I am sure there was some. we used 7 tanks of fuel and about a 100gals of coffee and 15 burritoes LOL. I slept for about 13 hrs today and woke up and the truck was home still havent heard from my driver but he was pretty busy at the shop fixing plows for other guys. I own a steel fabrication buisness and when it snows we stay open till it quits. I have been doing this snow plow thing for 19 seasons now and every year I say no more then here I am. The part I really hate the most is being out all night and then the sun comes up feels pretty weird to say the least! They are saying snow again on thursday and friday. the tire chains make a huge difference if you can stand the shake and rattle all night! I am getting ready to go outside and clean up my driveway a little bit and then think about sunny beaches! I hear you guys out east arent getting anything that really sucks.It will come and then we will have some time off! P.S I am looking for a clean ramcharger body with no rust 74 thru 80 will travel to get it if you fellas hear of any let me know Thanks R.Hunter

8. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

Oh man, I know what you mean about being up all night and then the sun comes out.

When I'm out plowing all night, and then all of a sudden it's getting bright out my eyes start tripping and it feels really weird.