1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My remote won't power up on my MVP Plus

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by monsterfords79, Jan 12, 2012.

1. monsterfords79

monsterfords79 Junior Member
    from Redford

Can someone help me figure out what is going on with my remote I just wired the truck yesterday its a 99 f250 with a single battery the harness has power to the plow and the 4 plug iso box but not to my controller what could be the problem. help please :mechanic:

2. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I think there is a wire from the controller that goes to a fused like.
    You can put it to the battery or a keyed source is better by using a build a fuse

3. monsterfords79

from Redford

I'll try that right know thanks i'll let you know if it worked or not

4. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

if u put it direct to the battery it will always stay lit but ok to test

5. monsterfords79

from Redford

One thing though do i need the plow pluged in to make my remote light up because I dont have my plow here at my shop

6. monsterfords79

from Redford

I tried it yesterday with the plow and it didnt work but i had the four wire power plug hooked up backwards and thought that might be it

7. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

Controller power must be wired to a keyed source or you will kill the battery. The plow has to be hooked up for the controller to power on as well.

8. monsterfords79

from Redford

cool thanks my plow is about 15 miles away right. i hope i fixed my problem