1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My pump is flyin but..

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MileHigh, Jan 5, 2008.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Just flushed my anglers and pump with 2 quarts of hydra flush, replaced my hoses, cleaned my filters and couplers, put some meyer m1 fluid in there (the yellow stuff) and WOW!! what a difference. My plow has never angled or moved up so fast before. I will never take it to a shop to do a flush and fill again. The only problem is that when I check the level of fluid, the fluid looks a little bubbley, like there is some air caught in the system, Is this normal? I was planing on waiting till morning to recheck fluid and maybe work some air out of the system-if there is any. Whats the best way in doing this?

Ford F150 4x4 w/timbrens, w/cooper m+s
    Meyer 7.5 w/prowings

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I'ts totally normal to have some air mixed in with the fluid after having the system open.. the best thing to do is to let it set for at least a few hours to allow the air to separate out of the fluid, and then you can cycle it a few more times and top off the fluid.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

thanks B&B, you always have the good answers.