1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my pride and joys!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by snowcrazy, Dec 18, 2013.

1. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

hello all, Ive been hesitant to even put my pics up as most of you guys have got some NICE stuff but here is my little dual fleet! 2004 chevy 2500 hd with snowdog ex85 with snowdogg wings... The other is my real pride and joy, 2000 model chevy 3500 454 vortec with boss 7.5 ft plow with wings. There both great but the 4 door sucks to plow out of at most of my little lots. It works though.........:nod:

IMG_20131218_125506813.jpg

IMG_20131218_125647066.jpg

IMG_20131218_125759564.jpg

IMG_20131218_125825363_HDR.jpg

IMG_20131218_132146223.jpg

2. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

couple more

IMG_20131218_132222961.jpg

IMG_20131218_132120311.jpg

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Your right,better flag this thread for a bunch of ugly trucks!;)

4. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

That red OBS is my ideal truck last year of them I really like it. The rust is getting to many of them up my way. I have a 2000 but a NBS with the 6.0. I wish I held out to find one like yours.

5. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

Im right there with you. If it were up to me that white truck would be gone but we got a little one on the way so better keep it. Those old boddy style trucks are WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY more comfortable than the new body style like my 04....... Not a big fan of any of the chevys after the old body style to be honest (but still better than the fords I tried out, got a few bad ones I guess, they were junk). I had a 97 ext cab short bed with 350 vortec and I went out and sold it like an idiot because it was a 1500......... Worse mistake I ever made, it was in pristine condition and couldn't stand putting a plow on it. Went from that to a powerstroke ford and what a mistake. I put more money in that hunk of garbage keeping it on the road than I got out of my chevy. Should have kept her........................ I try and take good care of my trucks that's for sure. The white trucks been plowed with for 5 years now and I run salt out of it and drive it on salty roads to. It amazes me how bad some folks trucks look after a handful of years plowing. Just gotta wash them...... I spend right at 10 bucks per truck at the truck wash after each storm which includes me crawling under them with the washer. Hardly any rust on either of these truck under boddies.

6. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

How many miles on your red truck?

I also find the NBS trucks have a bunch of annoying electrical problems that don't affect how they run but just bothersome,,,SES lights, gauge cluster problems giving false readings when nothing is really wrong.

7. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

red truck, 109K miles now and never have had a light on the dash ever come on!!!!! Also no BS like you mentioned about the newer ones.

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. I find the new body style 6.0 gassers to be super reliable even with all the crap you mentioned. My abs light was on forever got used to it, now my airbag light is on and the readout saids service airbag. Keeps getting service engine light and when I take it in it saids multiple misfires on one bank. It aint missing, id feel it! Pretty sure its getting a backpressure issue because one of my cat converters has broken loose inside the housing and at the right rpm, you can hear it rrrrrraaaaatttle for just a split second. To say the least I think the older ones were way better trucks and Im CONSTANTLY asking folks in my area to call me if they decide to get rid of there nice OBS. I hand them a card and tell them call if you wanna sell that truck. That's how I got this one.