1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Plowing Rigs 2011

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by road2damascus, Feb 7, 2011.

1. road2damascus

road2damascus PlowSite.com Addict

95 S-15 Jimmy SLT
    Western UniMount Std 6' 6" all new/rehabbed sandblasted/Galvanized Poly Edge
    Done by John @ Johns Garage

94 Jeep Wrangler 4 banger 5 spd
    Western Sport U UniMount 6'6"
    Galvanized 72" Daniels Pull Plow also done by John.

Feb 2011 016.jpg

Feb 2011 017.jpg
  2. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

the pull plow on the jeep is pretty cool. but western is way out there. how come it's mounted so far forward?

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

cute little things.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

:laughing::laughing::laughing: that western is really far out front for some reason
  5. road2damascus

The mount on it hangs off the front bumper. There was no modifications. The Jeep is a ton of fun. Cuts plow times quite a bit for driveways. The Jimmy has more power and plowed through our last blizzard of 20 inches on Feb. 3.
  6. The PuSher MaN

The PuSher MaN Senior Member

The jimmy looks nice, I could use a truck like that for a few drives.
  7. road2damascus

I have plowed with large vehicles and small. Everything has its place. I do driveways, 2 private lanes, a small parking lot, and 5 unit apt. The Jimmy has 200 hp in a small package. I put 550lbs of plow in front of it and it can push some snow and can take apart 4ft drifts little by little in 4lo. It is very comfortable as I did over 30hrs straight in it last tues/wed (20inches), slept, did another 12hrs and was not all bent out of shape. I only got stuck once and that was driver error because I knew where the driveway dropped off and didn't pay attention.
  8. road2damascus

They are also very cheap because there are so many s10 blazers/jimmys out there. New plows and mounts are still being made for these trucks as well. The trans is a 4l60e and can take a beating. The engine, a 4.3l, has had some issues but easy to work on. It eats ball joints up even with out the plow. I am replacing them with Moogs. The upgrades I did were a 220 amp alt, trans cooler, timbren's and turned up the torsion bars slightly. Driver's side torsion bar definitely is weaker. The gas tank and driver are extra weight on this side.
  9. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

looks good, another sweet galv. job by john. remember seeing that blade on the jimmy when i was there a month or two ago. thought it was definatley a little different galvanizing the tower too but looked cool. i got my 8ft boss done 2 winters ago and it still looks brand new. galvanizing is definately the way to go. :drinkup:
  10. scag413

scag413 Junior Member

Sounds like you are using what works best for you. That's a good business man, as a lot of people never learn how to make money because they don't make adjustments to their market.
  11. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Great set up .Good luck this year.How do you like the 4cyl jeep for plowing .I was thinking about getting one for a back up
  12. road2damascus

Metallihockey 88. I was sold on the galvanizing when John showed me and told me his galvanized plows are over 20 years old. They still look as good as mine that just got done! A lot of my success in starting a business is due to the advice and knowledge of John. I will be bringing him coffee for a long time.

Rangerdogg: The Jeep with a pull plow control, a front plow control, and a stick shift is as fun as plowing driveways can get. I would not use it for big storms because of comfort and the inability to make big piles (I have not tried putting the other plow on it and that might change things). I have air shocks on all four corners with ice/snow Yokahama Geolander I/T tires. These tires are awesome and I believe the Jeep, being as light as it is, needs the extra traction.

Thank you all for the nice comments.
  13. ColvinsPS

ColvinsPS Member

Nice setup! Looks like it would work great for what you describe as your clientele!
  14. road2damascus

Here is a couple of close ups of John's great work. Anything missing from the pull plow? It's tucked under the hood!

Feb 2011 020.jpg

Feb 2011 018.jpg
  15. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

Cool Jeep! I like the look of that with the pull plow.
  16. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

pull plow looks great! makes me want one for my wrangler