1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My plowing equipment

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 1982_F350, Nov 30, 2010.

1. 1982_F350

1982_F350 Member

Here is my plowing equipment. The pics are from putting my plow on the truck this year. Just repainted truck, and plow got shot with paint when we got it... had it over a year before we put on truck. SO i need to sandblast it and repaint it but ran out of time... I now have lights on the truck, and the frame is painted black

The other truck has a snowbear and that was from a few winters ago

Sorry my equipment isn't the prettiest stuff to look at

rszpickuppaintfall2010.jpg

100_3351-1.jpg

PlowFleet.jpg

Chevy_snow.jpg

2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Chain needs just a link or 2 taken out.

3. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

What size Meyer is that?

4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I really like the blue ford. Nice pics.

5. 1982_F350

1982_F350 Member

The chain in the picture was like maxed out. That was the first day that I had the plow on and we just put the chain in to see if it would lift it. I now have it like 7 links farther down...

I believe the plow is only a 7'6, It may be an 8'. It is the height that is massive, but it has 6 trip springs on it (Have no idea why you would need that many)..
    I will try to get some more pictures of the trucks up

6. Ford Guy

Ford Guy Member

Sorry my equipment isn't the prettiest stuff to look at

No need to apoligize for owning a Ford

7. 1982_F350

1982_F350 Member

NOO. I love my ford. That truck is my baby (well its my dads, but i kinda stole it and told him this winter its mine:laughing:) I personally painted that truck myself with my dad, so makes me like it that much more. The sorry looking stuff are my plows, that need to be painted horribly!!

8. 1982_F350

1982_F350 Member

here is my chevy stuck in a ditch. I went a little to far and slide down my clients drive into the ditch, lucky I have known them for years as family friends. Tried to shovel myself out, but in the end had to get help from another truck :help:

12-19-08.jpg

9. 1982_F350

1982_F350 Member

The mount on the ford is all custom. I wish I would have made it a little more low-profile, but I wanted to make sure it was strong. Everything is bolted togeather with grade 8 bolts, and then welded... Wish I would have had build pictures

10. 1982_F350

1982_F350 Member

Heres some more pictures of my plow, and truck. I custom made the mount to fit this truck. I also made a new control plate that fits in the cubby hole i never used. The red switch is my power to the pump (didn't want to cut into ignition wire), I plan to make the controls a wood grain also to keep the original look

The plow is a meyer 7'6 ( i know its small but got it for a REALLY good price)

Truck Mount.jpg

truck mount2.jpg

Truck Mount 3.jpg

Plow.jpg

Dash-controls.jpg

11. 1982_F350

1982_F350 Member

Found one more - it was first day plow was on truck thats y chain is not adjusted... Didn't even have truck wired up yet, had to lift it with our jumpstart to see if it worked:nod:

1st day-plowmount.jpg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  12. tjslider

tjslider Member

Mount (and truck) look great!

Good luck this year.

13. 1982_F350

1982_F350 Member

Thanks. I was hoping people liked the looks of it. Dad wants to put the bumper back on somehow or another but who know if we will or not. Kinda like it how it is, looks like a real "work truck" wesport

14. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

the 80-86 trucks are sweet. i really like that body style. sadly i had to recently got rid of my 86.

if interested, i saved the 6 gauge cluster out of it. its just like what you have, but where yours is blank in the middle, mine has a tach. Its plug and play. real simple swap. just take out the old one, and put in the new one. all the wiring for a tach is already there from the factory. i also have a mint bezel i'll throw in. PM me if interested.

cluster1.jpg

cluster2.jpg

bezel1.jpg

bezel2.jpg

15. 1982_F350

1982_F350 Member

I love to hear peoples opinions on truck,mount, and plow. Most of the stuff I have custom done something to. Ill post picture of plowing as soon as we get snow ( I sure hope its soon)

16. 1982_F350

1982_F350 Member

So I have been doing some reading on other posts, and I just was hoping I could get some opinions on my mount (for the ford). I think it will be strong enough just would like some other opinions after looking at it. Thanks

17. 1982_F350

1982_F350 Member

Man, I am itching to get out and try that 350 in the snow. seen some snow last night, but not enough to plow :mad:... Hoping soon payup