1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My plowin' rig

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by JasonJ, Dec 15, 2003.

1. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

The rig...

There is a bed mounted fuel tank full of deisel for the Bobcat that is always full, that works good for ballast.

plowinrig.jpg

2. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Another Ford, nice truck, I wish you could still get duel gas tanks. What is the total capacity of both tanks together ??

3. accipiter12

accipiter12 Senior Member

That's a nice picture. Good looking truck. Do you have a few pics. of your skidsteer too?

Blake
    WA

4. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

I'll try to get a pic of the Bobcat. It is supposed to start snowing tommorow through tomorrow night, so Wednesday I'll be out plowin' and can get a pic or two then.

The trucks tanks are either 15 or 18 gallons each, and I am not sure what capacity the diesel bed tank is, but I believe it is around 40 gallons or more.

5. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Nice truck... I have always liked the standard cab F-350's they look like real trucks.

6. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

nice truck, why dont you use your plowlights?

7. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

I usually do use the lights, I just hadn't flipped the switch yet. The boss had taken the blade off and then put it back on and didn't flip the switch. To be honest, the truck lights work just fine, the plow lights are sort of redundant. Usually when its dark, the places I do are lit, and by the time I get to private residences, it is daylight.

8. accipiter12

It looks like the suspension on that truck is doing good. Do all the F150's (actually, I can't tell if that's a 150 or 250) do well when the plow is raised. I want to get an F150 and am just curious to know how well the front end does with a 7.5 plow on it. Thanks.

Blake
    WA

9. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

That truck is a F350 (one ton). A F150 will sag a quite a bit compared to a F350.

10. SNOWPIMP

SNOWPIMP Member

I carry 110 gal diesel tanks in both my plow trucks and always have for the past 10 yrs all my trucks are diesel along with the wifes car! I work part time for a repo company that only repo's semi's (lots of extra fuel the bank has no use for)! It's a pretty good deal I also have 2000 gal worth of storage at the house! I would almost go get the trucks for free for the money it save me!

11. accipiter12

So would a 250 hold up pretty well? Maybe if I add some timbrens.

Blake
    WA

12. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Hard to beat a F350 Regular Cab 4x4 Off-Road with a V-Plow on it. Good looking Rig!!:)

13. accipiter12

Yeah, but those are HUGE:confused: If that's the case, I might as well use the dump truck that I'll have at some point for my little backhoe business. But I'm not going to use that. See, Western WA doesn't get much snow, I'm going to be a deputy so any plowing I will do will have to be on my days off for the city or something, nothing serious like you guys back east.... and I'll only plow for the city if there's more than 4".

Blake
    WA

14. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

The F150, F250 and F350 are all the same size. The only difference is the running gear and suspension. The body is the same size on all of them.

15. accipiter12

Oh okay, good to know, I thought they got a little bigger each model up.

Blake
    WA