1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Plowin Machine

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Triple L, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Hay guy's, What do you think of it, 2006 Silverado with a 8' Arctic ploy plow, only 1 month old. For all you snow-way guy's this is real ploy, not no ploy you can bend with your thumb when you push on it. It came with crap goodyears and had those for about 4 day's then I went and traded them at the dealer for some BFG All-terrain. Pretty good tire but sure loud enough. I though I had a good stereo in it before but now, all I can hear are tires. But in the little bit of plowin ive done most of it was in 2wd and I only put it in 4wd when I start spinnin. I think this way is best because I'm saving my u-joints and everything from tight turining when I don't need 4wd. I'm suprissed at how well this truck holds the weight. I had 2700 lbs. in the back and it felt and looked real good. And the my favorite thing I like about the truck is no badging. You tell me wheather it's a 2500 or a 1500. Not too bad for 17, hay. Now I just got to get a salter.

P1010024ps.JPG

P1010007ps.JPG

P1010004ps.JPG

P1010023plowsite.JPG

2. snow plow man57

snow plow man57 Member

looks like a 1500HD to me. BTW nice truck.

3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

I'm guessing a 1500?? nice truck! watch out for thoes idiots, they'll slam right into that snow white truck. "i didn't see you coming"

4. snow plow man57

snow plow man57 Member

thats why he needs a becon like a strobe or rotator.

5. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

a beacon. good idea. i'd leave it running all the time.

6. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

1500, Look at the squat your front end must be screaming with an 8 on the front. Snap some pictures of the plow off, and the mounting on the truck. A few mor things, Timbrens are a must as well as the t-bars need to be turned up. Lastly 4.3, 4.8, 5.3????

7. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

No doubt a 1500. Its got the WT 6 lug wheels.

8. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

1500...no question. Can tell just looking at it. Not a bad truck, but definately wouldn't be my 1st choice (2nd, 3rd, or 4th for that matter)

Have fun!!:jester:

BTW...Get some help on that front end, or not using 4x4 to save your u-joints will be the least of your worries. Also, it's POLY, not PLOY!!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2006
  9. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a 1500 to me.

10. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Definately a 1500, and get some Timbrens as soon as you can. You need some help in the front end. BTW, nice plow truck!

11. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Nice truck, and a 1/2ton. Note the 6 lugs not the 8lug like HD's.

12. motoxdk24

motoxdk24 Member

as with everyone else, yes a 1500 we got one here on campus and the undercarriage and a-frame are all scraped and worn undernearth. real soft front end for a plow, get timbrens no doubt. you will scrape everyslope when you pull into places with a slanted entranceway. just a little warning.

13. bigjeeping

bigjeeping Senior Member

Glad to see another young plower....

But like everyone else is saying - don't get hyped up that people won't be able to tell whether it's a 1500 or a 2500

BECAUSE anyone with any truck knowledge can tell it's a 1500

I also agree you need help with the front end. I have timbrens on my F-250 and they work great for keeping the front end up!

http://www.timbren.com/

14. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

1500, I'd definitely be getting timbrens, or something right away.

15. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

:D :drinkup:

16. Kevin003

Kevin003 Junior Member

HELP SOMEONE GET THAT GUY TIMBRENS QUICK :jester:

Anyways thats a nice setup. And for whoever said its a 1500HD, sorry but 1500HD are crewcab only trucks they didn't come in reg cab. That is definatly a 1500.

17. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

i use to run some 35" 12.5 a\t's those things are sweet quiet. if there that loud then i think theres a problem.

18. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Don't need any badging to tell whether it's a 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton. Like some guys already said, just look at the lugs. And the way she's sagging...well that looks familiar, been there done that. Check out the link below of my truck, 1/2 ton Silverado before Timbrens and after, huge difference.

Nice looking truck, good luck with it. Once you get the front end beefed up it'll be a good plow truck.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=31360&highlight=timbrens

Buck

19. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

You guys know your trucks, It's a 1500 but this year GM changed the hood on the 1500's to the super dome hood thats on the HD's so from the front you would not be able to tell. Ill post some pics tonight with the superduty tranny cooler I installed and some pics of the truck without the plow. The company who installed it said it wasnt too bad because when I pick the plow up it only drops about 3/4" down,
    Yes, with no weight in the back I cannot even go over a curb without the a-frame of the plow scraping but ususally with 14 bags behind the axle I can go over just about any curb and on my one property just over the curb is a drop off so I push everything right over and never have a problem with it bottoming out. Thanks for the advice though.

20. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

Nice truck, I love Chevys and Artic plows are nice. But it seems they don't make trucks the way they used to. I have an older 1500 and the front end never goes down when the plow is up. You can't even tell it's on. No timbrens or anything. Why do newer trucks front end go down so far?