1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by pontiacmrc1, Nov 20, 2011.

1. pontiacmrc1

pontiacmrc1 Junior Member

I have this plow and plow frame with pump, and it was welded to the front of a 1989 Bronco. I want to take this plow and put it on the front of a 1998 Ford F-150...was wondering if anybody had any idea's on how I could do that and if they make an adapter plate to where I can bolt the plow frame to the truck? Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mgbss

Mgbss Junior Member

That plow has already been modified from what it fit originally so where would you even begin to find an adapter, that looks like a 70-80s plow never designed to go on a Airbag truck.

Anything can be fabricated but if you cant do it yourself you'll spend way more than you could find the correct plow for.

If I remember correctly that 98 Ford 150 couldn't handle much weight but then again that Western wasn't that heavy

3. pontiacmrc1

Yeah, I never took into consideration that the '98 has airbags....I can get my hands on welder, so if I have to weld it on, it won't be a big deal....and you're right, that plow isn't really all that heavy...my neighbor and I moved it with his 2 wheel cheap dolly he bought, and didn't break the dolly!

4. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

That setup really isn't appropriate for a newer truck, especially with an airbag, that is why everything went to removable headgear. I wouldn't corncob engineer a mount on a newer half-ton truck b/c the frames have crumple zones etc. Mounts specific to the vehicle are designed with crumple zones and strong points in mind.

5. Chillerq

Chillerq Junior Member

cant you just swap the A frame on the plow out for a unimount set up then find a unimout head gear for your truck?

6. I had the same plow and simply took my truck and plow to a fab shop. They made a bracket for me that allowed me to bolt the plow right onto my 97 Ram and it worked like a charm. Cost me $200

7. pontiacmrc1

I probably could, but money is kinda tight for me now, and this is the only truck I can really get my hands on and this is what I have for a plow.

8. pontiacmrc1

Yeah, I'm a mechanic, so I could probably make up something like that too....

9. pontiacmrc1

What I wanna know is, how many inches off the ground does the plow frame have to be? Where I work, we deal with the Snoway plow's, and they call for 8-10" off the ground...