1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My plow will not work????

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by emtmike, Oct 15, 2011.

1. emtmike

emtmike Member
    from Maine

:confused: I have a 8 foot fisher HD plow with the Insta-Act Hydraulic unit. I went to service the plow to get it ready for winter. I hooked it up, lifted it and moved it to my shop. I put it down and tried to pick it up again and it will not lift or angle. You can hear the motor spinning but it will not lift. I had the motor rebuilt last year so I don’t think its that. There is lots of fluid in it so I don’t have a clue what’s up. Any help would be great. Thanks :confused:
  2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Not the motor if its running. Possible ur pick up tube fell off.. U had a $100 motor rebuilt insted of buying a new one?
  3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

your 9 pin plug is dirty or you have broken wires in the harness.

unplug the multi pin harness and spray both sides with brake clean. then blow out both sides with compressed air. ad dialectric grease and you should be gold.
  4. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Its an insta act should b 11 pin. 9 pin is old mm1 . If u where to have a connection problem it would be in ur 3 pin harness But I assume u have cked ur connections first thing like anyone would do,
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011