1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Plow Truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by fedspunisher, Aug 5, 2008.

1. fedspunisher

fedspunisher Member
    from Iowa

This is the truck i picked up the beginning of spring. It currently has some new shoes. BFG AT T/A Retreads. I also picked up a 3/4 ton 74 chevy that had a myers blade on it paid $500 for the whole thing. I'll post some more pictures when i get the plow repainted and a mount fabbed and mounted.

83Silverado.jpg

BFG AT.jpg

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

going old skool...gotta love it:salute:

3. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Thats going to be a plowing beast!:salute:

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Auto or stick ? Those are the type of trucks when you open up the hood you can name everything under it. Plugs ,cap and rotor ,done ,go plow.!

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Now it's like plugs, wires, big plastic thingy, other big plastic thingy, battery, more plastic thingy's, motor (finally found it under all the plastic), now where's the dip stick to check the oil level?!

6. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

Believe that truck has leaf springs vs coil so no suspenion modifacation needed...

7. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

shes a beaut. best of luck with her

8. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

let us know how that thing runs in the winter

9. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Nice. Where in Iowa are ya?

10. fedspunisher

fedspunisher Member
    from Iowa

It is an auto.

It does have the leaf springs all around.

It is definently cold blooded. But that is because the cold idle isnt working. Havnt checked into it yet. I have all new front end components along with all new ujoints all around that i need to put on before winter but thats just one of the many projects on the list.

Im in Oskaloosa. I doubt we have snow this year like we did last year. But either way all i had before were fwd cars. My shop is down about 1/4mile of gravel and i have a unpaved 200 foot driveway to the shop of the road so i pretty much didnt get to go to the shop at all this past winter. This year should be different.

Thanks for the wishes and i hope it plows well too. Hope the old myers holds up im sure there is a new montor and pump rebuild in my future before this winter as well.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  11. gkm

gkm Senior Member

looks like a tough old girl. good luck with it

12. fedspunisher

fedspunisher Member
    from Iowa

The downside i found is it has 2.56 gears in it. Looks like i'll be pushing in low 100% of the time.

13. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Good thing BMW never decided to make a big pickup for here (which would never happen)...they feel that a computer is superior to you and it checks your oil level for you...no dipstick.

Fedspunisher, nice truck!! Hope it does you good.

14. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

SHE LOOKS LIKE A BEAST YOU WILL LOVE PLOWING WITH IT :nod:JUST KEEP A SMALL TIRE ON IT FOR THE WINTER LIKE A 235/70/15 TOO MAKE UP FOR THE TALL GEAR:drinkup: