1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Plow Truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Razorman, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Razorman

Razorman Senior Member

Finally got it on,just in time too!
    [​IMG]

2. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 26, 2004
  3. Razorman

Razorman Senior Member

This is it!

My F-250 Plow Truck.JPG

4. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

Those fords

I just love the way the ford Super Duties look. They look so beefy and tough.

The ford F150s don't do a thing for me, though.

Glen

5. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck but I believe it is time for a new plow.

6. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Looks like you can make money with it to me!! What about that dusting of snow in the background??? :D

7. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

It's about time you got it put on Paul!! :waving:
    Looks good! Now it's time for a paint job. ;) :waving:

8. Tarkus

That plow does not project much of a image though on a newer truck

9. Hey Tarkus,
    Just to let you know, It really doesn't matter what the plow looks like. IF it pushes snow, thats all that matters. Also, I know Paul and he's been working on getting a setup for his rig. I'm also sure that he just put it on because of the recent snowfall we had around here. WHO CARES WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE>? I'm sure your plow doesn't look BRAND NEW, OH, that is if you even HAVE a snowplow :rolleyes:

Don't get on here and cut down a new guy with a plow. He's doing everything just right in my book if you ever talked to him. :nono:

10. Razorman

Razorman Senior Member

Thanks Jason,
    Nothing like waiting till last minute,working on paint soon

11. Tarkus

I am not downing him but it is a contrast in appearance. Even a good coat of paint can help too. Yes a old plow can be servicable but you want to also look the part when you are trying to sell yourself to someone because client might be sizing you up to. If two cabs are setting in the lot, one that look beat and the other nice looking, which one are you going to choose same with grass cutting do you want a guy that his equipment looks beat or someone that his stuff at least appears in good order and fairly new? Just think about that a bit.

12. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Paul's plow might need a paint job but BIG DEAL. :rolleyes: How does that reflect on someone's truck? If someone had a plow that didn't have a scratch or spot of rust on it, I would say that it was either brand new or they didn't plow snow at all. Paul is my friend and I've got his back. He worked long and hard to get his plow put on and it looks just fine to me. :cool:

13. Razorman

Razorman Senior Member

Thanks Blake
    Tarkus is right it may not look pretty but its making me MONEY payup and thats what counts. Working on getting it painted.Where was TARKUS, I do not remember seeing him at the get together Do you?

14. Breck75

Breck75 Senior Member

I could care less what the plow looks like, I am particularly jealous of the truck. Some day I will have a Ford Super Duty. Plus when you are pushing a lot of snow no one can really see the plow anyways. All they can see is that the snow is being moved out of there way. And as long as its making you money who cares. Breck :waving:

15. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

he didnt go to the get together, because he is a fart in the wind that just appeared and is now a post *****, probably someone that was banned previously

Last edited: Nov 28, 2004
  16. J HIsch

J HIsch Member

The good thing about Razorman's plow is it's paid for. Too many contractors get focused on looking the part and it puts them in the poor house. (making payments on everything) I always look to buy used snow plows before new. Looks like a wise choice to me Razorman

17. Razorman

Razorman Senior Member

Thanks J HIsch thats the way I see it, Its paid for. I am going to paint when I get time until then it works for me. It makes me money payup

18. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

My old Meyer paid for itself 100x's over

if it pushes snow without leaking and gets you home to the paycheck, its good to go!

19. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

I bet if you did put a coat of paint on it it would snow before it is dry.
    1qt. Meyers snowflow paint $8.95 and a through away brush. it flowes out over night and takes 72 hours to dry at 70 degrees. It would never dry before it snows but if that is what it takes to make it snow then go for it.

By the way great truck, you made the right choice. and thet blade could make you a million dollars over the next 5 years.

Dwan

20. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

It is a nice looking truck.

Personally I like to keep the image of my equipment up. Its not perfect but its not beat looking either. I use a five-dollar can of rust paint on a dollar store paint brush before the season and the plow looks great/good/down to ok all winter :D (note the degrading condition of the cheap paint)

Thats all I'd do--take about half an hour b/c it doesn't need to be perfect. I also get a spraybomb of the same paint to touch up around brackets and such.

If image doesn't mean anything to you, then who cares? Run'er till she drops.... lol