1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My plow truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by capnkel, Dec 27, 2003.

1. capnkel

capnkel Junior Member
    from Saco

Hey guys,heres my plow rig,and custom made headache rack with tie rails,and twin strobes

truck x plow.jpg

2. SWC

SWC Senior Member
    from VA

Good looking rig!

I like the short wheel base. I can't imagine how the guys with CrewCabs manouver those monsters.

My truck is a regular cab, but it has a long wheel base, add to that the plow and the spreader box and things can get tight in a hurry.

3. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

Good looking set-up you have there. I'm looking to buy a f-350 reg cab diesel, and mount a blizzard 810 to the front.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2003
  4. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

nice truck and plow:)

5. capnkel

capnkel Junior Member
    from Saco

SWC

The truck is a longbox 8 foot,i dont think you can buy a shortbox with a regular cab,only the supercab or crew i think,the pic does look like a shortbox though.I have one drive that is a bit tricky getting turned around in,glad i got the vee,wing er back and jockey a bit and i can do it.:D

6. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

You are going to need some gaurds around your strobs for low hanging limbs. I also had too much flash in my mirrors. I gave up on my set-up like that and went to a cab center mount.

Gene

7. capnkel

capnkel Junior Member
    from Saco

GENE GLS

I had thought about putting a guard around the strobes.I just finished making the rack a couple days ago,as soon as i get a chance ive got some 5/8 round stock that should make a good cage for them.I carry stuff in the bed a lot ,and run stuff up over the cab often,thats mostly why i put on strobes,figured they wouldnt be in the way for carrying stuff.

8. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Very nice truck, I love all the Ford's, I have the crew cab short box, it's not that hard to get use to. I do agree, next year I plan on looking for a used regular cab, 6' box.

9. Nailit1954

Nailit1954 Senior Member
    from ma.

nice

Hey Capnkel
    That's a beauty! How do you like that Fisher V?
    Nailit:drinkup:

10. capnkel

capnkel Junior Member
    from Saco

Nailit1954

After having 2 real good storms,10-14 inches,i am glad a got the vee,had one drive with 20-24 inches in it with an uphill push,set it to Vee and broke a path:D :D a straight blade would have had trouble breaking a path,
    Even with all the warm weather were having i still have a couple 4-5 foot piles left in my yard,they were 8-9 feet high,in scoop that thing really pushes it up there :cool:the truck is really good in the snow too,the combo is real sweet

Last edited: Dec 29, 2003
  11. Nailit1954

Nailit1954 Senior Member
    from ma.

plow truck

Capnkel

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinkup:

Nailit

12. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Headache Rack

Capnkel,

Do you have any other pics of your headache rack? If you do could you please post them.

13. capnkel

capnkel Junior Member
    from Saco

Plowman03

Check your message box>

14. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Just did, thanks for the pics

Last edited: Dec 31, 2003