1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Plow Rig

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by loc, Feb 3, 2011.

1. loc

loc Junior Member

Well I bought this bad boy 2 months ago for $1900 and have done nothing but fix it and chase leaks. I think I finally got it done and thought I would post up some pics of the ugly duck. It is a 1991 Chevy with a 7.5 Meyer running the best pump in the world the E47. I don't do any commercial plowing, just use it for my drive and the neighbors. Last year my subdivision was always the last to be plowed, now it will be the first :) . Since picking it up and moving snow I have kinda fell in love with doing it. I look at pics of these diesel rigs with big V plows and now I wont one of those. I am almost half tempted to put a better plow on my 2010 Dodge but figure I will break this thing learning then upgrade later.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

not bad for 1900 what tires are those?

3. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Looks good, do you have any pics of the 2010?

4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Wow, good buy! looks like my first plow truck. It was a '93 longbed though.

1.JPG

5. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice setup to learn in. good luck this year.

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Same hear except mine was a 1989 Chevy 2500 with an 8' Fisher.

Will's Truck.jpg

7. loc

loc Junior Member

Yours was in way better shape than mine. Looks just like it.

8. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

Nice looking truck, would you take $2200.00 for it. LOL, no seriously good looking truck and very fair price.

9. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

fyi someone fabed up the truck side frame work. that style frame on there is a builder kit for non kit offered vehicles.

not a bad thing. just wanted to let ya know.

mabye you can get some good pics of the truck mount to let use make sure its solid . looks kind of scary on the upper side with the simple 90* bend brackets bolted to the bumper.

10. mercer_me

Your talking about DeereFarmers truck right? Mine was all rusted out. But, it was a good truck and it ran great. You can't beat them old 350s.

11. qualitylawn

qualitylawn Senior Member

nice trucks!

12. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Thanks, I really miss it. The truck was a tank for a 1/2 ton.

13. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

"running the best pump in the world the E47 pump"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    :laughing: Makes me laugh

For what your doing the half ton will get it done. I would say mine does great. I plow and beat the crap out of mine, but mine isnt much of a half ton anymore.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  14. dan6399

dan6399 Member

I just picked up basically the same truck; a 1991 GMC 2500 Reg. Cab Long Bed with a 7.5 Diamond Plow and Dump insert for $1700. It wasnt near as nice as yours though. Nice looking truck I love those style trucks.

15. loc

loc Junior Member

Sweetk30 I will take some pics. I did not notice that there could be a problem with the mount. Drew I was being sarcastic on that e47. I wouldn't say it is the worst pump but pretty close. We should start a thread with pictures of old silver and maroon Chevy's with yellow plows. Seems like everyone has had one :)

16. mercer_me

Those silver and maroon seamed to be pretty popular color sceam for that style truck. I used to se alot of them trucks the same colors around.

17. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

That was an amazing truck. The C/K Series rivals the OBS F Series trucks in value and scarcity for clean low mileage ones.