1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My plow machine

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Stuffdeer, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Hey Guys,

As some of you may know, I am only 15, but am into the plow buisness as much as some of you. Since I cannot get my drivers license for another year, I had to find some other way to get my butt in the door and get my name out there. So I found the perfct Idea.

Here it is-

A 2004 Suzuki Eiger 400cc 4x4 Quadramatic Auto Tranny. It has a 60" Cycle Plow installed on it. It will stack snow about 4-5 foot high. Right now, I have 5 Commercial lots,(Small keep in mind), and 10 residentials.I also gots a snow blower, but I have to come up with a mount for it.

Here's Some Pictures of the addiontional lights I've mounted.

Reverse Lights

Thanks, Mike
  2. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Oh yeah, in the bucket on the rack, there is a good 500-600 lbs of salt from our city. (I get it free).
  3. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

Nice Quad

How do you get free salt?
  4. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

The city gives as much as the citizens of the city as much as they want or need. I just told them I was picking up salt for my Aunt, Grandma and Parents, , Which I did give them some, but kept most.
  5. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

You have to lift that lever to lift the plow?
  6. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Yes, I think it is 5 lbs of pressure to lift.
  7. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Very, very cool setup! Smart idea with the fogs as plow lights. You have quite a setup there that should easily pay for itself, and then some. Put some extra $$$ aside for your plow truck! Good luck!
  8. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Thanks! Yeah the plow only costs about 600. Right now, I'm looking at mainly staying with residential, but would not mind getting a few commercial as I get a truck. For the truck, I'm looking at a 2005 or 06, Ford F-150 either STX or FX4 with a Snowway.
  9. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Thats sweet. What city do you live in that gives you free salt?
  10. alternative

alternative PlowSite.com Addict

What did the quad run you>?? and you can get a bigger spreader which would hold more..FYI...if you needed to.
  11. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Southgate Michigan
  12. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

You go boy. Make us proud.

13. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

In 2003 when we bought the quad, We got a deal since we paid so much in cash, but it was out the door for like $5600. Suzuki is the strongest, and most reliable. Most honda people think Honda's are good, but the reason is they are under powered. I was reading a shootout, with the same size motor as the eiger, (The Foreman) could only tow half the weight.

And also, What kind of salter? I've been having problems with this one, it doesn't like spitting salt out the bottom
  14. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Congratulations on your set-up! Hard work and effort will always bring results. Good luck in the future.

And your thoughts of a Ford truck in the future just goes to show you are brilliant too!

Ford trucks! :nod:
  15. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

very nice i would love to have one of them but youre gonna have to bundle up really good to stay warm but thats a good start
  16. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

You got great thinking here. But we need to you think bigger.

Ford F-250 or F-350. Regular cab with a plow prep package.

The F-150 is ok, but not really heavy duty enough to plow with commerically.

Also when I was your age (which was 4 years ago) All I wanted was a brand new 2002 F-350 diesel. Dropping a ton of money on a truck for some one your age is not a wise business choice. Since your age and new truck can break you on the insurance. You can easly find a nice used 4x4 F-250 that is 2 to 4 years old quite cheap. Since you can afford that, and quickly pay it off to buy another truck. Then another. Etc. Since its always better to have more than one truck when it comes to plowing.

Also you might want to look into getting a atv mounted electric salt spreader. Make your life a whole lot easier. :D
  17. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Some words of wisdom here, although I'd opt for a Chevy/GMC myself.

And I disagree about the Suzuki>Honda statement. I've had nothing but successful equipment from Honda Power and nothing but problems with the Suzukis, even when new. To each their own, I guess.
  18. alternative

alternative PlowSite.com Addict

Electric spreader would be nice., however without a lot of $$$ you can get a heavy duty AGRI-FAB tow behind, which can hold about 300+ pounds of salt.
    Works decent, and would definitely be an upgrade to what you have now.
  19. NEAL

NEAL Member

I applaud your business spirit. It's nice to see someone at your age doing something constructive with plans for the future. You seem to be approaching this whole deal with open eyes too, instead of the I know it all already attitude. FYI, Don't get discouraged if someone says you can't plow much with an ATV. Obviuosly a truck will do way more, that is a given. Sounds like you are planning on a truck as soon as you can anyway. However, you can still plow a surprisingly large area with an ATV. I plowed a parking lot at a motorcycle dealer that took me about 30 minutes with a 7.5 foot blade on my truck. Last year to save money they put a plow on a Suzuki King Quad and plowed it themselves! I waited for the call all year to come plow it because the ATV wouldn't cut it. Never happened, they got it done all year with the ATV. I don't know how long it took them but they did it and are doing the same this year. Since an ATV can't stack snow as high just remember to push back the piles far enough so you continue to have room all year to stack. Good luck! Nice set up you have going!
  20. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

Nice setup. Does it angle?,