1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My plow is going obsolete??

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by plow/truck, Feb 14, 2007.

1. plow/truck

plow/truck Member

I have a traditional mount Western Pro Plow. I was ordering some parts online and the guy said it’s on it’s being discounted slowly. In 5 years or so no parts are going to be available. Is this true?
    After searching I pried a phone number from a disputer for Western. I wanted to know about mounting my traditional plow to a bronco, and spent about 30 min. with this guy at western. After determining that the bronco will not work (tons of reasons) he didn’t mention that my plow is being fazed out. WTF. If I had done all the work to mount this on the bronco I would have been pissed.
    Any way just wanted some input here.
    Anyone else find Western hard to work with? I like the plow, don’t get me wrong it been very reliable and is strong. But I may look at other units in the future…maybe Boss.
    P/T

2. Rampart Ranger

Rampart Ranger Senior Member

I have a 25 yr old 7'6" that has had only welding repair on A frame and circle, hose replacements. EXTREME hard use all her life! May not be easy to find parts from distributor - but they can be found. Western is the toughest PU plow ever made.

3. plowdog

plowdog Member
    from MN

I believe what he meant was the unimount will be discontinued. The ultramount is the newest hook-up and def. a back saver.I think western has an adapter to go from a uni to an ultramount- check their website.

4. plow/truck

plow/truck Member

My unit is not a uni-mount. It’s just a standard plow. It never get un-mounted anyway.
    p/t

5. plow/truck

plow/truck Member

I agree, this plow is been very good to us. It’s a community plow and every type of driver drives it…and some people aren’t as gentle as others. Lol.:rolleyes:
    Thanks for the kind words. :drinkup:
    p/t

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The Unimount's are already discontinued as far as buying a new complete assembly,but the part's will be available for a long time. plow/truck, I think what the guy meant about it becoming obsolete was that part's for your old cable operated style pump won't be available from Western for much longer. But don't worry as the aftermarket will continue to sell replacement part's for it for many year's to come.