1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my plow has wings

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by docsgmc, Feb 16, 2009.

1. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

well i finally got my pro wings on and snow deflector.....

2. JD 990

JD 990 Member
    from Maine

Looks like they will serve you well.
  3. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

lookin good but just a little bit of advise...your gonna wanna more those rubbers over a few inches so they overlap the black about 2in cause they are gonna fold back on you and break all the time with no support behind them. :drinkup:
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I like it...ready to make some bread. payup

But I always mounted my rubber pieces an inch or so over the cutting edge, They are more prone to rip like this, but it prevents the 2 inch trail that you leave behind when the rubber is mounted where they are...

but whatever, I see, probably 9 out of ten guys with them mounted like that...I just HATE that trail...

Plus...with my meyer, I ended up Welding the wing Brackets On.

I did this because the screws had to go through that stupid ridge the meyer moldboards have, would come loose all the damn time.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  5. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

looks good now you need some snow to try them out.......
  6. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

i bolted them on and plowed my lots....it worked very nice.....i just got the bracket's welded on because like you said the bolts suck.....they are on there good now...thanks all:D
  7. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Nice rig Doc. I think i have seen your truck before. Maybe ill run in to you. Good luck with them.