1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Plow Dolly Setup...

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Shortstuff, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Shortstuff

Shortstuff Member

Per the suggestions/ideas I found posted here on Plowsite.com I also wanted to be able to move my plow setup around easily in my garage so here's what I did.

I found a couple of heavy duty swivel wheels I had hanging around (new) then hopped on the computer and made a quick cad drawing of what I wanted to do using the proper dimensions I needed for my Fisher 8'HD. I then walked across the street to my friends metal shop and they fabricated exactly what I wanted and as you can see in the pictures, it worked perfectly.

First he welded a 4"x1-1/4" solid round stock to the top of the casters. He then tac-welded a 2"x1/2" pipe "sleeve" which is what meets the surface of the plow bracket when mounted. I then drilled the 7/16" hole at the right height to accept the retaining pins from the shoes I removed and put away.

I ordered a 1000 lb. furniture dolly (small) from Harbor Freight which I will place under the jack, which will level the plow so these caster/wheels are standing vertically. These wheels will only be used for storage of course.

Just thought I'd share.

Steve

PlowWheelsMix1.jpg

2. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

I wish I had a shop to wheel my around in, lol. Someday...