1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Personal Vehicle

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by KMBertog, Sep 9, 2010.

1. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

Hi Everyone

New to this site, so bear with me!

2007 Jeep Wrangler
    Meyer DrivePro 6'8" Plow

2. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Looks good! I've been trying to convince my brother to put a plow on my Dad's Jeep (will be his when he turns 16)... is your jeep an auto or stick? How's it do with heavier snows of like 6"+? Do you run ballast in it?
  3. KMBertog

It is stick, which is a pain in the butt in the snow when you're trying to plow... Especially since I do a lot of plowing in the winter months. Noticeable smell from the clutch after a decent storm. That is the only drawback I have noticed so far (Have only had the plow for just one winter).

I do not use any ballast at all, and the Jeep seems to ride just fine with the plow on it. Throw a couple bags of sand in the back for some added weight.

Heavy snows have been just fine, and even a small truck with just the 6'8" blade stacks the snow very well. I LOVE having such a short wheelbase. Makes those tight spots so much easier.
  4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice small set-up. Don't se many Jeeps with plows anymore.
  5. KMBertog

Thanks Mercer!

Should have mentioned I have strobes you can't see too well in these pics... I have them positioned on the front of the front mirrors and then more in back underneath the tail lights.
  6. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i actually prefer to plow with a manuel tranny vs auto. feels like you have more control over the power and you cant really go all that fast!
  7. Montosi82

Montosi82 Member

Nice Jeep. I have an 03 Wrangler that I plow with. I'm looking into different options for some warning lights. Could you please post some more pictures of your strobes? Also what make and models that they are. Thanks
  8. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Nice, I bet that short wheel base is nice. I won't ever think about owning a shortbed, even if it is a pain for plowing.
  9. KMBertog

The short wheelbase is a lifesaver. Mostly do private residential drives, so it works perfect for me!
  10. KMBertog

I know some of you have wanted action pics and pics of my strobes.... I will get them as soon as we get the next plowable event!

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

sweet! jeeps make amazing driveway rigs.
  12. KMBertog

thanks goldpro! when we go and plow i have 4 drives that i do before cleaning up some of the commercial work we do... from there, it's odds and ends.
  13. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Nice Jeep! Really look forward to some in depth pics of the lights as the fronts look great!!
  14. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I have been seeing alot of jeeps with plows lately even a few new patriot jeeps with plows. Nice set up you got.
  15. KMBertog

Thanks RC!

I will get pics as soon as we get some more snow :bluebounc

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

nice setups cant wait to see the action pictures
  17. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Nice looking set-up. My daily driver is a 98 Jeep Cherokee sport. I'd love to someday have a small plow on it for the awesome maneuveribility of these vehicles.
  18. KMBertog

Here is a pic of the Jeep without the plow on. This was last fall right after I had the install done.

19. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

You should plow in low if you are smelling the clutch, it will help out a bunch.
  20. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks great. Them Meyer push plate don't hang down very far at all.