1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my personal ford

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by JamesN162, Jan 18, 2009.

1. JamesN162

JamesN162 Junior Member

here is a picture of my personal truck, F-350, SRW, Crew Cab, 7.3L (long live the 7.3)< an engineering masterpieceussmileyflag

Trhe plow is a snow dogg EX 80(the most heavy duty one they make) i am very impressed with the plow. The stainless is great, the construction is over kill(many braces) Very thick steel, great attack angle, thickest cutting edge i have seen on a plow, best and fastest hydrulic system i ahve seen on a plow, huge hydrulic rams(ovekill), all hoses for the rams are in a safe place so they cant be broken off. The bad: POS plastic snow deflector broke the first night out, and a terrible mounting system(unless you are on level ground and have 2 guys) All in all the plow is BEAST wesport

ford f350 driveway.jpg

ford f350 driveway 2.jpg

parking lot 1.jpg

parking lot 2.jpg

2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

thats a great looking truck, I wish the new SD's had the 7.3
  3. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

sweet truck, hopefully ill be driving the same thing this summer. those rubber box ends look very simple but also i think they must be really effective for trail off. but how do they do for cutting next to curbs, assume they fold up easily?
  4. mreamer

mreamer Member

Truck and plow look sweet! Could you explain a bit more about the mounting system? I went to the website but couldn't find any details.
  5. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

now that's a purdy truck.... welcome to the site
  6. JamesN162

JamesN162 Junior Member

The mounting system for the EX 80 consists of two large steel pins that are spring loaded. The problem is that they move togather not seperately, becasue of this the plow has to be completely level. The box ends are 1/2 thick conveyor belt cut to fit the ends of the plow. I used the wholes that were already on the plow so i didnt have to drill anything. along the curbs they work great becasue they creat a squeegey (i think thats how you spell it:confused:) and when the blade trips they just fold out and come back in so its a win win.
  7. qualitylawn

qualitylawn Senior Member

i like the fords!
  8. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

With the already steep angle of that plow, it looks like you may not need the deflector. JMO
  9. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Very nice setup. That plow looks great on that truck.
  10. Doom & Gloom

Doom & Gloom Senior Member

Are those home made wings? Big pieces of rubber? Looks like that would work. Nice truck btw.
  11. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

the newer headlights would make the truck look great
  12. JamesN162

JamesN162 Junior Member

as you can see in the first pic, the Pile of Shitee plastic deflector broke in half so i installed a very heary duty one. If i was just doing residential i would not have any use for one because of the angle the blade already has but a deflector is neccessary for my application seeing that i do 90% commercial and the 6 places i do all have large roads that i wing to one side or the other. The truck does it faster than our loader because this plow will wing snow pretty darn far.
  13. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

I have a ford ranger edge 4.0 and have the snowdogg md68 and it is awesome. I have plowed with many others put same as you i think its the best i have ever owned.We just go a foot in mass on sunday 18 and it is the 5th storm with it the attack is awesom will post pic soon.Nice set up .Lets see some more with the snowdogg plows everyone.
  14. JamesN162

JamesN162 Junior Member

plows are second to none but they need to raise the head light mounts and need to nake a much better mounting system. I did not buy this plow becasue it was the cheapiest. this is the most expensive one they make i bout it becasue of the design and construction of the plow.....whish i had looked more into the mount....needless to say i will be leaving the plow on my truck all year becasue its too hard to put back on!
  15. redstroker_2002

redstroker_2002 Member

very nice rig! i would ditch the big beacon on top tho and get some led's or corner strobes. would be alot cleaner lookin and more effective. :thumb:
  16. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

That's how I feel about my Western Unimounts. Now that I got the Ultramount system, it's an even bigger pain to try and put the Unimount on my other truck.

I'll have to stop by my local Snow Dogg dealer. I think we just got one in town. But I do like plows that hook up easy. Nothin like messin around with a plow for 30 mins when you should be out plowing.:dizzy: :rolleyes:
  17. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Sweet looking truck.