1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Other Truck!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Chase88, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Chase88

Chase88 Senior Member

This is what I drive when I'm not plowing!!!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  2. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

Do you show up at every job late?

3. Chase88

Chase88 Senior Member

here's some more.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Chase88

Chase88 Senior Member

NO! lol why?

5. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I drive the same thing only red and white. Does that have the new wide cab on it? The funny thing is I had an accident last year & the lady said she didn't see the truck in the road with all the flashers on.

6. Chase88

Chase88 Senior Member

No this doesn't have the new cab! The drivers didn't like them so they didn't get any! Who do you drive for IMI? Yeah I know what your saying about people not seeing you!

7. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

That is one strange lookin cement truck, I have seen them from time to time in the internet but have never seen one in person.
    Around here all you see is tandems, tri axles and the Mack twin steers.

So whats the purpose of a cement truck like the ones you fellas drive vs the trucks I mentioned,do they haul a larger load?

8. TLC Snow Div.

My Dad is a construction contractor and he says that cement trucks have a bad reputation arount here of being hours late for a job that was schedualed.

9. Chase88

Chase88 Senior Member

Well see with our trucks, the driver contols everything from the cab. As you can see it comes out the front, so we can drive straight into the job vs having to backin all the time and it only takes one guy to run it. The contractors around here love them. They also have a better center of gravity than the rearenders do.We can haul 10yds with them. I could go on and on about the difference.

10. Chase88

Chase88 Senior Member

We are always 15mins early and if not we call the contractor to let them know.

11. TLC Snow Div.

You guys have top notch customer service:) Aggegrate is in my area too so i'm not sure exactly how they compare some of there competition. I just know some are horrible.

12. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

Aggregate here in Central Mass isn't too bad with timing, some of the drivers:dizzy:

13. MaineF250

MaineF250 Senior Member
    from Maine

I drove one of those this summer in montana. Is that an oshkosh or an advance? The one I drove was a 7 axle oshkosh with a 9 speed and a 300 cummins. It was slower than death but went anywhere.

14. Chase88

Chase88 Senior Member

Advance with a 6 speed Allison automatic and a M11 or M12 cummins. These get up a move they will run 65 68 mph(company has them govern at that) and will go anywhere when you lock the six wheel drive in!

15. Stankonya

Stankonya Junior Member

15 minutes early thats impressive and a phone call. Some of the drivers here will show up eating a big mac and tell you they dont know why there late its the plants falt

16. Chase88

Chase88 Senior Member

If we do that it would be grounds for termination!

17. zim bob

zim bob Member
    from MA

ahh cement truck drivers are bad up here. they are either flying down the road or hours late on the jobs not good. haha but i bet you are not like that. Aggegrate is like the only company thats good now. how is it driving one of those anyways?

18. TLC Snow Div.

Good i'm not the only guy who has an oppinion about bad service. I'll know what co. to call first next time a cement truck is needed. Keep up the good service because many people depend on it and you guys will be far and away from the general competition.

19. Chase88

Chase88 Senior Member

Well when I'm on the job site their fun,but when I'm driving down the highway their a little never racking. Agg sent all of their drivers to a driving school a couple of years ago in Michigan.They took three of our trucks up there,it was a big skid patch. The teacher had tried the truck out on the skid patch the day before.I remember the first thing he said when we got in the class room."I have been driving semi for over 35 years and I don't see how and the hell you guys drive them down the highway"! It's not me I'm scared of its very body else!

20. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

The companies around here give you a time limit. But one company gives you unlimited time and they charge about $30 more a yard!