1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My oshkosh

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by EXCAVATE49, Nov 20, 2011.

EXCAVATE49 Member

Got this on a gov.online auction back in july 2010 whEn i saw it face to face i almost walked, it has really turned into a project.i am new at posting but i will try to post some before and after pics let me know what you think

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Can I have that? That thing is down right friggin' awesome. Nice work too.
  3. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

LOVE IT! Keep us posted for sure!
  4. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Pretty sweet rig ya got there

EXCAVATE49 Member

Now that i know i can do this here are a few more with hopefully more this week to follow by the way thanks for the comps couple more of some of my other junk!

6. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Are you putting the V-Box back on the Oshkosh?

7. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

That is a sweet lookin mack you got there
  8. dieselguy5245

dieselguy5245 Senior Member
    from mass.

Just taking a guess but i assume you plow for the state too?

I HATE RUST Senior Member
    from PA

( Junk ) that is some nice stuff you have, more pics please
  10. LunchBox

LunchBox Senior Member

Sweet. My international project is just about done and I'm looking for one of these to turn into a project truck keep us posted!
  11. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Nice Job! The Oshkosh look nice.
  12. Joe Blade

Joe Blade Member

Battle Horse

Once you get those babys rolling it takes alot of snow to stop you. what kind of power under hood?
  13. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

That R Model is just BADASS. I love it.
  14. TatraFan

TatraFan Senior Member

First thing to do is take the NDT's off an get a set of good tires... Those mil spec NDT tires are not good at all in snow conditions. They work somewhat better in mud-- but snow especially unloaded-- they have that large ribbon of rubber that is supposed to improve fuel mileage but doesn't and it just doesn't give any traction.
  15. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

x2. That's a slick looking R model you've got there.

Some polished 22.5's would really make it stand out but it looks tough as it sits now.
  16. EXCAVATE49

EXCAVATE49 Member

Again guys thanks for the comps makes my day,i have put a stainless swenson box on the osh but it will be a non functioning spreader this year just going to plow with it for now,as far as the tires on the osh i did buy a couple tubless rims at a junk yard they were fronts on the old boston engine 49 as far as tires maybe after a storm or two i will get a couple of new tires for the front.
    The osh is a 1980 was purchased by army along with a twin and as far as i know spent its whole career at west point in the public works dept plowing and sanding, an 11' frink poly p.a. Plow came with it when i got it i think at the time it was worth more than the truck but anyway the truck is a model 2323-7 46,000 lb. Gvw it has an ntc 250 cummins(runs like a rolex)an allison 654cr auto trans,huge two speed transfer case and a lot of my sweat and $ more soon
  17. SDP Hauling

SDP Hauling Senior Member

Thats sweet. Nice work. Cant wait to see more pictures
  18. dzlbudman

dzlbudman Junior Member
    from Texas

Nice work!
  19. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Man that truck looks brand new. Nice work
  20. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Who cares about the osh.

Tell us more about the R Model?? What year, Motor, Tranny, Rears etc etc. Come on dont be holding out on me.