1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My old truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by wolfmobile8, Jan 31, 2012.

1. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

found some pics of my old truck and figured I would post them up. 1987 chevy k20 silverado aka Big Red with an 8ft fisher speedcast. Don't have any pics of it with the plow on. Right before I bought my duramax the frame had cracked on it but it was a good truck and it could deff push some snow.

2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

The body on that thing looks really clean! Too bad the frame had to go.
  3. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

had a '79 and a '90 K5 blazers w/ 8ft meyers when i first started . great trucks .Thumbs Up
  4. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

That truck is worth the time to do a frame swap, who has the truck now?. Had an 85 K10 long box with Fisher speedcast, the frame had cracked just ahead of the RH motor mount, it had cracked along the top, it was caught in time.
  5. wolfmobile8

Yea I love the old body style chevys. My frame had cracked right where the bed and the cab meet. I no longer own that truck anymore I sold it for my duramax. The person that bought it from me had fixed the frame then I saw it on craigslist forsale. Then a couple months ago I saw it again forsale and nothing had really changed on it. still looked the same.
  6. serafii

serafii Senior Member

those old chevys are unbeatable. i had an 86 k30 with the 6.2, manual, and an 7.5 speedcast on it. sold it cuz the cab rusted through where it sits on the frame. saw it for sale twice after i sold it.

what i would do to own that truck again! by far the best plow truck

7. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Should've thrown a cab on it, not that hard of job if ya got a loader tractor or something.

Here are a couple 1986 K30's that look mint, It would be a great find if the day ever came they were for sale. There in Minnesota.

8. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

love those old truck... had a few and even the k5 blazer were great. wish i could find a short bed one to rebuild
  9. wolfmobile8

Nice chevy.Yea my dad had one brand new back in 87. It was a silverado like mine completely loaded in black tho with red interior and had an 8ft fisher speedcast on it. That was the best truck my dad ever owned and he still wishes he had it. They are unbeatable can push snow better than a new truck. I plan on someday finding another one and restoring it and would like to have a k30 and I really like the 1987 chevy k30 regular cab duallies but those are so rare to find.

Those k30s look mint and I bet they have no miles on them either.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  10. serafii

serafii Senior Member

Wow cat those are sweeeeet. Would sell my duramax for it anytime. The rotted can was just the beginning. The frame was cracked and repaired 2 times, the truck would cost a mint every time it would be in the garage. And back when I sold it the dot was all over the place stopping the older trucks so I didn't wanna chance it. But do I ever regret it. I've been searching for a semi clean 86 k30 all summer to rebuild and use as my main plow truck
  11. wolfmobile8

12. jimv

jimv Senior Member

i have a k10 with 3/4 ton alxe i have a plow just not on it