1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My oil problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by btrussell, Dec 1, 2004.

1. btrussell

btrussell Member

Hey everybody! Ok I posted a couple weeks ago about losing oil and someone sugested checking my valve cover to make sure everything was tight but i checked it today and they were all lose or so i think. Thats my question how tight should they be? Do they have to be torqued a certain amount? I didnt tighten them very much I wasn't using a torque wrench and I was affraid of cracking it. Its a chevy 350 small block. Thanks.
    Brian

2. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

What year?

3. btrussell

btrussell Member

89' k1500 I see where oil has been leaking by the pan and i tighted one pan bolt and it turned 2-3 times so that might have been my problem but i went ahead and did the valve covers too but i hope i didn't tighten them too much only a turn or so but i want to make sure i didnt screw anything up.

4. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

About 25 to 30 inch lbs will do generally

5. btrussell

btrussell Member

thanks ill back em off tomorrow and torque them i appreciate the addvice