1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My off road trip

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ABES, Aug 12, 2008.

1. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Well me and 2 friends decided to go on an off road trip to the iron range off road park in Gilbert MN this past weekend what a blast definately best vacation ive been on. The jeep and the tracker are owned by my 2 friends I just went along for the ride and used my truck to tow the jeep. Hopefully I will have a K5 blazer or bronco to bring along next year.

2500 and YJ clean.jpg

Broken tracker.jpg

Flex jeep.jpg

Jeep on cliff.jpg
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It's good to have an off road only truck, I'd love to have one, looks like a lot of fun.:drinkup:
  3. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Jeep trailer.jpg

Jeep water.jpg

Teds revenge.jpg
  4. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

last few.........

Tracker Mud.jpg

Tracker mud 2.jpg

Tracker no fender.jpg
  5. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

dang your fast at the reply JD :D
  6. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

That looks like alot of fun...nice pics!:redbounce
  7. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

found some more

8. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

man that brings back that days of wheeling :D imo a jeep or yota pickup or 4 runner is where its at for wheeling nothing against full size guys
  9. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Most def. The trails were preety tight and all the trees along the trails had all the bark rubbed off from people hitting the trees. Thats why my plan is to get an old K5 or bronco thats already dented and beat so I wont cry when the body gets dented rubbing against the rocks and trees.
  10. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

something ive always wanted to do, but dont have enough people with trucks. great pics man :cool:
  11. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Looks like fun! Do you have anymore info on the place you were? The pics are great, but I was hoping your truck wouldnt be so clean. :D
  12. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice pics looks like fun
  13. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

looks like a good time, too bad theres nothing like that here in NY, were lucky to have a few wheeler trails left.
  14. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

15. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

They have anymore hardcore trails there? I am going to the Badlands in Attica, IN this weekend as we do every year. I love going off road, its about my only hobby when I am not working.

Heres my rig, unfortunately it has not moved since 10/07 since I have not had time or desire to work on it.

How she looks now wasting away in the barn.:(
  16. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

you have a quad lawnpro? because I am getting a ride going this fall if interested.
  17. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Awe, memories. Just curious, why'd you trailer the Jeep? It looks driveable.
  18. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Long gone are the days of driving my wheeling rig anywhere. I trailer it everywhere it goes.

If you don't have to rely on it to get home, you are going to be much more relaxed and fearless towards actually trying different trails and routes.
  19. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

The trails are way way to tight for a fullsize if you care about the body at all. Plus I couldnt risk breaking the truck it was the tow rig home.
  20. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Definately we did almost all the trails but there was about 3 (teds revenge money talks and the UA alley) that were just too extreme for anything under 35" tires. I dont know if you read petersons 4 wheel and off road magazine but they were at this very park back in 2004 and they named the UA alley after them really tough trail for mildy built rigs.