1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Next Truck Will Be a Ford 6.4.

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by JD Dave, Jan 23, 2009.

1. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

2. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

fords been doing for that a long time vans and cut away chassis especially . 25,5 hrs thats flying . its a flawed system for sure

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Prettty cool vid though.

4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Another reason to Dodge CTD and not a Ford

5. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

I'd have to agree. What a hassle. And I'm a Ford guy. I'll stick to the gas engines for now.

6. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Just think what something like that would cost after the warrenty is out. :dizzy:

7. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

For big or major repairs, I could see that beeing okay. You wouldnt need to lift it for most repairs. But I put a 3 inch body lift on my chevy, and the engine sits 3" lower than the body know, and it makes it a pain working on many things.

8. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

I knew JD Dave had a "soft side" for FORD's! lol :p Wait until the scorpion diesels come out tho, they're supposed to be better tech than the powerstroke.:nod:

9. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I would NEVER own one of those out of warranty! WOW that looks like a pain.

10. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

LOL Dave you're a character.

And the guy said that was to just replace a fuel line!! Imagine the out of warranty repair costs!!

11. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

And the high pressure fuel pump

12. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I bought an 08 f250 at the end of the summer. I have owned Ford trucks with nothing but diesels for the last 20 years and have been satisfied. When I learned that working on the 6.4L required pulling the cab I didn't want any part of that. I went with the gas motor.
    The potential for problems was not worth it for my situation.

13. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

lol, High pressure fuel pump and 2 injectors at 115k miles, bargian price $3100.00 and yes, I know

14. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Just think when the trucks get rusty. But I'm sure all the bolts have plenty of antiseize on them from the factory:rolleyes: You guys better get under your trucks now and put Fluid Flim or something on those cab mounts and whatever else

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  15. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

so you might want to change your signature to FORD trucks and John Deere tractors.

16. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

i dont know... when i can pick up a fully loaded 08 extended cab diesel up for 36K brand new..... its got me thinking............... expecially when the sticker price on the door says 53.... but i have to agree, that body lift sucks!

17. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

no no, ford truck, new holland tractors :D if ones gonna be blue then both have to be blue ;)

18. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

hahaha i think kubota tractors but new holland/ford is good to me.