1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My newly acquired summer toy.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Duncan90si, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Thanks to January's snow, I bought this yesterday.

1994 Trans Am
    LT1 V8 Procharged :D w/ a built 4L60e. 89K miles
    Fully loaded, leather, sound system, w/ T tops.
    Dynoed 409hp, 490ft/lbs with stock throttle body, stock exhaust manifolds, stock exhaust w/ a Borla cat back. There is a load of potential still to be had with bolt ons.

It needs different wheels and I think I'm going to put a stock window back in it to replace the fiberglass "sportback" it has currently. The above mentioned stock parts are getting replaced real quick and maybe a little 100 shot of laughing gas.

I paid $6500 cash.

DCAM0040.jpg

DCAM0041.jpg

DCAM0042.jpg

DCAM0043.jpg

DCAM0044.jpg

DCAM0040.jpg

DCAM0041.jpg

DCAM0042.jpg

DCAM0043.jpg

DCAM0044.jpg

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

real nice. the thing in the back by the window makes it look like a older vette. I am looking for another car to mess with. I am thinking about a 76 or 77 cutlass supreme with a 350 rocket and 350 tranny. my dad use to have one and form the pics and what he says that car was very very sporty and fast. this is like the car I want. actaully the same exact thing lol

17642979-89C9-4A1F-BBD3-804878EC94A4.jpg

17642979-89C9-4A1F-BBD3-804878EC94A41.jpg

17642979-89C9-4A1F-BBD3-804878EC94A42.jpg

17642979-89C9-4A1F-BBD3-804878EC94A43.jpg

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  3. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

sweet car, that interior leather color combo looks awesome but ya gotta get rid of that thing on the back window, the stock look is sweet as it is. keep us updated on that bad boy, i love those T/A's, always wanted one but know id kill myself in it. hardly made it through my IROC in one piece and that thing only had a crate 350 wit like 400 horse. im thinkin youll be pushin over 500 wit that thing once you get rollin on the mods. good luck with it :drinkup:

4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice Trans AM. I have always loved them. I prefer the WS6 with the Rain air hood in that bdy style. I used to own a 79 Convertable TA. It was bright red and I put the Silver Aniversery Eagle on the hood. Its the big one that goes over to the fenders. Had the 403 that was a dog with its low compression. I thought about putting a blower on it. But got sick of throwing money into it

5. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

badass! Never seen a hatch like that on a 4th gen t/a, ugly lol. I'm a huge F-body fan. On my 3rd t/a right now, have an 02 ws6 sitting in my garage, waiting to click over to 40k lol, can't bring myself to put those next 5 miles on her! hahah.

I'm surprised whoever put that blower on there left stock manifolds. Get some long-tubes and it'll really let her breathe.

6. Danscapes

Danscapes Senior Member

I'm T/A fan but only up too 79', after that they are ugly and have too much emissions crap that deletes power. JMO

7. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

not in illinois...i dont know what the laws are in pa where hes at but out here vehicles 96 and older are exempt from emisions now. you go up north near wisconsin and you see some real hot street legal 5.0 stangs and LT1 T/A's.

8. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

The sportback came on the car obviously. I wouldn't have spent the $800 on it :eek:, thats for sure. The rear window seal is leaking too. As soon as I find a rear window locally, its getting removed and sold. I might put a ram air hood on it, and I might not. Its a sleeper now with the regular hood, until you hear the supercharger whining under the hood. :)

I don't have to worry about emissions testing and if they ever do start testing in my county, I know a few guys that will "pass" it. ;)

With a 58mm TB, LT headers, a true 3" mandrel bent exhaust, and 1.6 ratio rockers it should be around 500hp at the wheels (plus a little gas for the weekends at the track). I don't plan on getting too crazy with it because I want it to be a fun, drivable, comfotable street car, not a track car.

9. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

Nice toy, I agree with getting rid of that back window. It doesn't suit the car at all. What series procharger is on it? p600b, p-1sc, d-1sc? I'm looking at a p-1sc kit for my mustang.

10. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Thanks for the compliments.

I'm not sure to be 100% honest. It doesn't have a boost gauge inside, yet, so I don't know how many psi its running. I have to look into it Monday because I obviously will need to know. Do the chargers have a tag of any sort on them? How do I tell them apart? This is the first Procharger I've ever owned so I'm not very familiar with them. Until now, I've had either all motor or turbo cars.

11. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

The head unit should have a tag on it somewhere around the outside of it.

12. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I'll have to look. I can barely see the sc at all its so buried in the engine bay. I'll let you know what I have. Thanks for the help.

13. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Its a p600, I found the tag.

14. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

15. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Yeah I was looking at that last night. That blower will support up to 775hp so its more than enough. I hope to have around 500rwhp by this summer. Then it will be supporting mods like subframe connectors, slicks (if I don't get them sooner), manual valve body or maybe a T56, etc. It'll be a fun ongoing project.

16. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

What do you plan on doing to it to make 500RWHP? I think that you would be really pushing it trying to get 500HP out of a stock bottom end LT1. Keep in mind that they are only 2 bolt main blocks and are not fans of boost.When I built my LT1 for my 3rd gen I did spayed caps in it to support the nitrous and high HP numbers.
    I love my Prochargers, I have owned a P1SC, D1SC and just got my F1C for my corvette. My vette did 479RWHP (?) with a stock bottom end, manifolds and a P1SC

Nice find and have fun with it :nod:

17. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I will def. have fun the summer.

That won't get me over 500 but it should be over 450 I'd imagine. I'm not really worried about hitting a magic number of 500hp so to speak. I'm just trying to take adantage of the easy mods that I can do to the car for now and what ever it does on the dyno is fine with me.