1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My newly acquired enjoyment from my truck!

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by RedneckPlowGuy, Dec 17, 2007.

1. RedneckPlowGuy

RedneckPlowGuy Senior Member

Well guys, i had a meet on sat. and i was GIVEN an edge comp box from a diesel member who no longer had a need for it due to being a beta tester of the new quad adrenaline race box. Anyway, word had gotten out at the meet that i had lost my job the night before the meet (fri. night the 14th) and he was going to sell me this comp box, but he decided to give it to me due to the fact i had lost my job and Christmas was coming. Talk about a NICE GUY. Anyway, heres is a video of my newly acquired skills my truck can now perform

[​IMG]

That is on EZ mode with MAP sensor plugged in

Will i get more smoke from EZ mode with MAP unplugged or is that only with wire tapped

2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Are you talking about the smoke?

3. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Smoke may look cool but it's just making you stand out to the law when you punch it. Some much faster tunes don't make a ton of smoke.

4. payton

payton Senior Member

smoke= unburnt fuel..
    with fuel being 3.50 a gallon i like it that my truck doesnt smoke but a puff or 2 here and there.

5. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

For free, I think it's cool. Smoke is fun, but has its place. The EZ isn't known for being a chimney box, so I'd bet most of it is due to the manual transmission bogging the truck.

6. RedneckPlowGuy

I dont have an EZ on my truck, i have a Comp box without inj. pump wire being tapped yet, which power is equivelant to an EZ box. Once i tap the pump wire i will get full 120hp out of the box. Also, im aware that smoke is unburnt fuel and makes me stand out. Thats why i dont drive around smoking everyone and everything else out. I did it for the video lol

7. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

the 98.5-02 24valve cummins are possibly the nicest sounding/nicest torque band out of them all. I like our '99 better than our '03 for towing and plowing but it is obnoxious to try to carry on a conversation with it idling in the background.

Nice truck.

8. RedneckPlowGuy

thanks and i like my VP44 truck as well, I think with even the stock 3" exhaust with a straight pipe sounds AWESOME from that video

9. EFI

EFI Member
    from NH / NB

Sorry about your job man.

Arent we suppose to promote going green these days with a diesel.:angel:

Smoke is unburt fuel , who needs that at $3 + per gallon this winter ?

10. RedneckPlowGuy

i know what smoke is. I only got into it for the video haha, i usually dont let it do that on the road