1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My newest plow set-up

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Team_Yamaha, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

Here are a couple pics of my latest purchase. It is a 94 Jeep Wrangler with a 4.0L/5 spd, 43,000 miles, a Auburn LS in the rear and a 6.5' Western plow. But here is the best part, I bought it for only $4,000 for a buddies uncle who is getting out of the business. In the pictures is has 31X10.5's on it but it came with a set of 225/75/15's also that I am going to put on it for the winter.

Dsc00394.jpg

Dsc00391.jpg

2. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Im suprised you bought a small truck saying you have 4 F350s, but hey when you see a good buy what can you do.

3. Up North

Up North Senior Member

IMO, that will have plenty of use in tight spots or residentials. Nice deal, $4000 very well spent! Nice rig you got there.

Buck

4. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

I noticed in your picture you use Mr Clean car wash sprayer. Does that really work?

5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

shoot i remeber a time when you had a jeep you do anything big lots whatever

6. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Not trying to speak for Team Yamaha, but I have one of those and they surprisingly work very well. I just wish I had more pressure from the hose, but that's not Mr. Cleans fault. Mine was one of those "oh, great another gift I'll never use because it won't work" type deals. Tried it on the wife's Jeep and I was very impressed, it worked.

Buck

7. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

Thanks for the complements! The reason that I bought the Jeep is for tight driveways my trucks are too big for some of them, the 4-wheelers work great but are a little too small some times and with the Bobcat you have to screw around with chaining them down all the time. So I figured that for $4,000 it would be a great little investment, plus in the summer it will be nice to cruise around in. The Mr. Clean car wash works great! I use it all the time on my girlfriends black Explorer and it doesn't leave any water spots, even when washing it in the sun. I figured that maybe I was just lucky with the Explorer so I tried it on the Jeep yesterday (as you can see by the pics) I looked at it this morning, and once again no water spots.

8. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

mr clean carwash stuff never tried it have to look into it

9. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

That is a good buy for that price. It look like its in good condition too. One thing though, whoever is going to be working on it is going to have some pain in the right knee after a while. The manual tranny, I got it and its a killer on the leg after 6 hours.

10. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

Team Yamaha, what part of Wisconsin do you plow in? What else do you use your truck collection for besides plowing?

11. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I have question... Every time a see a late model jeep picture on here it looks like the lights stick WAAAAAYYYY out in from the the bumper. Is this true or is it just how the photos look. How stable are the lights and the headgear on these setups if they do stick out as far as they appear. They look they will flex a lot.