1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My New Wings

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Hysert, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

Happy New year to all... Finally got my wings made for the MVP.. got 10hrs into them just need to mount my old wideout edges to them, detail and paint... Not to bad overall almost exactly like the factory made units. It measures 11 feet now straight.. Should be just as good as the wideout now!!! Also made a set of blade stops cause everything is an option these days with D&D. Sorry couldn't get these photos rotated...

20130101_135538[3].jpg

20130101_135512[2].jpg

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Your wings look factory. The weakest part of these wings is the 2 horizontal pieces that connect to the back of the plow. You should either weld a piece of steel on the back of them joining the two or a piece in between them joining them together. There are many posts of guys destroying them.

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

looking good, here u go

20130101_135512[2].jpg

20130101_135538[3].jpg

4. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice job they look good

5. Hysert

here they are all finished up. still cant figure out how to rotated these??? my new samsung phone is different then the crap berry

20130109_113340 (300x225).jpg

6. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Looking good! Cheaper too I'm assuming?

7. Hysert

Cheaper yes cost me $170 total.. mind u I own a plasma cutter and mig.... had to make another set for my buddy! Man the second pair took half the time...

8. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Just turn your phone when shooting pics. :eek:

9. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Agreed on that.

I like the buyers wings for their plows as they have a shear pin setup on theirs so you will shear the pin before bending the wings.

10. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Well done on wings bet they was fun to make

11. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

they look good all painted

12. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

Nice job. Did you use a set as a template or just build from scratch from looking at blade and pics. You got me ready to go out to the shop and fire up the Hypertherm 600 and Miller 212 and get to work.

13. Hysert

Thanks I used cardboard and made a mock up from western pics and usrd my old wideout edges

14. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

Ok thanks. I want a set for my Fisher V but the price is a killer. Might just have to make the mold boards out of SS like the plow a little more work but would be cool. Love seeing fabrication projects. Would rather spend time building than paying full price. Just built a spinner for a Western spreader I was rebuilding.

15. Hysert

Figure 15mins on each of my large accounts... should gain me 3hrs in total plow time... full blade widths when windrowing just like the wideout!!!!

16. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

Thats a big time savings.

17. Hysert

Nice I have made lots of mods to both plows and spreaders. Like defection salt gaurds inside the spreaders units and sides of the conveyor keeping the salt where it should be and off my trk. Had to make blade stops for the V. Your right they all charge way to much for this crap!!! After all a set of wings probably takes them 1hr to build.... CNC waterjet steel and fixtures to weld everything together perfectly....

18. Hysert

IMO wideout or wing plows are far superior in moving large amounts of snow... wish I never bought the V its slower, sloppyer and outright heavier then the wideout! But I thought I would have the best of both worlds??? Well with the new wings this MF should move some serious snow... as long as the trk dont bend inhalf lol

19. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

They look good on your plow. Also looks like you know your way around a welder and plasma.

20. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

O you will move more snow then a Wideout Now that GM cant say much on them I run Fords

I wish they would put trip edge on wideout I might add one to my fleet
    After owning a trip edge its hard going back to a full trip plow
    I ran my 8.6 proplus w/wings during last snow for a hour and man that thing trip and it slowed down the truck Got back in my truck with the MPV and it trips truck never lost speed and really never feel the MPV trip just hear it is all

40lbs difference + the wings yes MPV is heavier