1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new WESTERN STRIKER review

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Triple L, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Well guys I wish I could be writting an actual review... I ordered a 9' dual electric 3 yard western striker at the end of August... Fully loaded with the strobe light kit, viberator kit ect... Got an email today saying it wont be in till December 19th at the earliest :eek::dizzy:

This is gonna be my first Western product, Ive been a BOSS guy for many many years and due to my mixed feelings on my new BOSS VBX last year due to some electrical gremlins which left me stranded many times, I decided it was finally time to try something new and switch brands... I'm severly regretting this decision already!!!! The whole reason why I switched brands is because the boss left me stranded, now Western is doing the same!!!

My distributor placed thier order for these Striker units in March! Western is advertising these striker units like crazy and trying to sell them when they dont even have any to sell??? I have already sold my old salter but have not delivered it to another well respected member on Plowsite, Here in Ontario our contracts start November 15th and we're usually salting around the 18th to 20th... Western - How is a guy like me gonna be able to salt my properties when I did the right thing and pre ordered a salter long before it was in season but you guys fail to deliver? What about the poor fellow who bought my old salter? how is he gonna salt if I keep this salter and again loose more money being out the sale of that salter and most importantly my word on delivering it!

Futhermore I really wanted a 4.5 yard electric unit, but the 3 yard was all they had which wasn't already spoken for, So I settelled on a 3 yard hoping it will get me by a few seasons and I could add sides to it... Who knew having money and trying to buy snow plowing equipment would be soo hard???

Sorry for the rant but Western this is pathetic! even if this salter is everything they say it is and more, I'll probabaly always have a bitter feeling towards it unless its sitting on my truck November 15th! What good is a salter that misses 2 months of a 5 month season? Dont know if you guys remember Snoway's Revolution plow and how they did me wrong and sold me a terrible product and wouldnt stand behind it! I hope you guys arnt another Snoway:confused:

Get cracking boys and dont let me and all of your other customers down... This isnt like I just ordered a salter last week, This is a real problem!

https://youtu.be/1g6ZrtSK5D4

striker_1.jpg

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  2. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

I would see if you could cancel the order, then go buy a different salter.

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Try this guy, he's on PS once in awhile

Agreed it sucks.

Screenshot_2015-11-03-08-09-20.jpg

4. Triple L

from Canada

Thanks, I sent him an email, will see what I hear back

5. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

pick up the phone and call.

6. Triple L

from Canada

He was actually on a plane so email worked better, he has his team working on it, I hope we'll be able to resolve this issue and I'll be a happy western owner and can recommend this salter to others if it impresses

7. 1olddogtwo

He'll turn that :( into a :)

8. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with olddog... I have had several conversations with John and he is a great person to deal with in my experience!!! Not sure if they are gonna be able to push you ahead of anyone else tho??? There must be a good reason they arnt ready yet???

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

John talks funny.

10. 1olddogtwo

he does, sounds like my dad.

11. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

I'll chime in here too. I also had one on order in early September a 4 yrd electric. I called in September and didn't get a response, I spoke to a local dealer and he alerted me that they would not be available until January. In the mean time I sold my salt dogg and was left stranded. I was really upset to hear it was not going to happen, it would have been my first Western purchase as well.
    I ordered a Boss 3 yard, my yard mechanic was installing it today and we find out the wiring has been chewed by mice, the nest was still in there. My dealer will replace the wiring but now I hear they have issues, wish I would have known sooner.
    Ill keep my fingers crossed that I don't have any issues. All I have is Boss stuff so I'm sure it will be ok. What kind of problems did you have Chad?

12. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I would be interested to hear your review on this spreader if you ever receive it. We were looking at running a 4.5 yard mounted to the frame on our next salt truck.

13. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

When I went to China, you could buy svenson spreaders under the overpasses, stacked five high, set right on your truck. I like that dealer model. The distributor up here needs to get his ass in gear. Having said that I hate buying first season anything...Let us know how this pans out Chad

14. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

I'm in the same boat. Was told I have to wait until Dec 15th for my 1.5yd western tornado that is on order. We already own 4 and I'd like to make it number 5 but this is a little much.....

15. schrader

schrader PlowSite.com Addict

I ordered mine in early August now I'm told it will be January before it here, what a joke not to happy with Western. Luckily I have a great dealer who has a loaner for me.

16. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

Thats crazy you guys are all waiting, I went to an open house at a dealer in PA and bought it at the open house. The guy had 6 or so of them. I am just waiting for the strobe and flood light kit that no one seems to know anything about

17. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Dam, I'm sorry I would ran as fast as I can. These obviously haven't been field tested real well. Id give them a couple of years to get the bugs figured out !

18. treeman06

treeman06 Senior Member

Must be all Western products, I ordered a MVP end of September, still waiting.

19. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You shouldn't have sold your old one until the new one came in. I learned that a long time ago. I remember your first Boss purchase, you had the biggest smile on your face on the ride home with it. LOL I have a nice gently used Salt dog that I'll sell you for 6k, might even include free shipping if you buy it within the next week.

20. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You're way too nice Dave.