1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new Vee

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Oct 10, 2007.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys, I just got my new boss 8'2'' poly vee last week saturday. Here are some pics of it mounted on my new duramax. I can't wait to use this new setup!!!!!!!

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Sweet set up man. The plow and dmax should push plenty of snow. What kinda light bar is that?

I seem to be the only who wants and 8.2v and hasn't gotten one yet.:mad:

The lightbar is a mini excalibur with 2 fast rotators, 4, 4 cornor led 6 up optix mods (amber), and 2 rear amber halogen flashers. I also have 2 code 3 3 up amber optixs in the grille. It throws alot of light. HURRY UP AND GET A PLOW!!!!
  4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I went and looked at two dealers today and they had nothing used, I'm probably going to buy a boss rt3 mount tonight, then I just have to find a blade, controller, and wiring and I am good to go then.

I was quoted $3750 installed no tax for a 7.5 western midweight but I would rather run a V or at least a larger, heavier duty straight plow and preferably have a little less invested.

Edit, is this what you have?
  5. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Will your truck even hold a v Mark?
  6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

It should, Its a k1500 but has either hd 3/4 or 1 ton tbars and leaf springs.
  7. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

Wow, someones making the big bucks. New truck, new plow. Must be nice. j/k Looks good Ryan. I hope it works well for you this winter.

YEAH NOT REALLY! You know Brian is a low paying boss, and I am not sure if I am gonna be there next spring. You know the story behind the madness.
  9. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking rig, and Vee. Cant wait to see the action pics.
  10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

So any chance it is a Brian that is south of Holland, maybe in South Haven perhaps?

Nice truck and plow. Considering it's a Chevy and V plow. J\K
  11. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

ahhhhhhh. nice.
  12. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

The least you could is shine up that cutting edge for it's first pictures!

Mark Oomkes, We are located just west of allendale on Lake Mich Dr. and 104th ave.

Grandview, The plow was only home 10 min when the pics were taken so I didn't have a chance to do so. I was too excited to get some pics of it.:D

I might add also the truck has no ballest in it and it only sags about a half inch with the timberns on in the front. I am really pleased with that. I am going to some in the back this winter though.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2007
  14. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Sweet setup. Could you get some close up pictures of that mini excalibur, i would like to see how those LEDS are setup on the front and back. You should get a video it with all the lights on too :redbounce holy cow are them things expensive:cry: or did you get any kind of deal on it? Thanks

There is a pair of the same leds I have in the cornors of my bar on ebay. Amber too. I know i priced them out new and to put the on one side of the bar it was going to be 400 bucks. so 800 to put 4 leds in the bar. I was like yea no. It wasn't something I wanted but i found a bar on ebay with only the 4 cornor leds from code 3 for 299.99 so i bought it and added my rotators and rear flashers to the bar and just put the top on it that i orriganally had. So for 300 bucks i got what i wanted and saved some serious cash. I will try and get a vid of it in the next few days.

Here is the link for those leds I am talking about. They are awesomely bright at night. I used mine on the highway last night during a accident we had and holy crap.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  16. nice truck and plow
  17. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

Bigger T bars means all the plow weight is now on the hubs and bearings
  18. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Well, the weight always is anyhow. Now it just won't sag as much, but your right it is only as strong as it's weakest link.