1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new V-XT

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by VBigFord20, Sep 27, 2010.

1. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I picked up the 2010 F-250 in late may to replace my 04, and today I picked up a new 8.6" V-XT to replace my old 7.6" Boss straight blade.

This thing is freakin massive compared to my old one. I cant wait to play with it.:D

2. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice. What did that run you on the plow? Definitely looks like you will move some snow with that.

3. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

About $6000 installed. Its pricey, but worth it in my opinion.

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

BAM!!!! Looks great

5. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Nice, I was thinking 7grand without even pricing it. That looks great. Congratulations on the new setup.

6. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

Almost looks too good to plow with!

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice plow. It looks realy sharp on your Supper Duty.

8. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Great looking combo! Thanks for your purchase.

9. vt properties

vt properties Senior Member
    from vermont

I thought the power v xt was either 8.2' or 9.2' ? did boss change lenth sizes or add a 8.6' blade. Sharp looking plow for sure

10. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

They haven't changed. It's 8'2" not 8'6"...beautiful plow though!

11. SnoPro Inc

SnoPro Inc Senior Member

Great lookin set up! Post some pictures this winter forsure, maybe a few videos too? Love to see how it handles the snow.

12. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Very nice you will enjoy the poly V XT They are a great plow

13. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looking good Nico.

14. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

Borat says, "Very niceeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I likeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!"

15. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

"Very nice! High Five!"
    <object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_j9QeUoPOi4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_j9QeUoPOi4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

16. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

Yeah, 8.2", my bad.

Last night I dropped it off in my warehouse next to my friends Fiero autocross car, and the plow is bigger.:laughing:

17. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

Looks Awesome! You're gonna really appreciate that combo. The VXT's are phenomenal. I got one last year and love it! :drinkup:

18. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

How did that 150 do plowing and congrats on the 250

19. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

It was not bad as long as you took your time and did not beat the hell out of it. I cleaned through some big storms with my old truck with patients and skill.

Now I figure that my route that used to take me 4-5 hours should take no more then 3-4 since I can move way more snow way faster.

I want it to snow right now just so I can play.:D

20. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

yea i hear you, this will hopefully be the first year plowing ive used snow blower ad shovel but ill probolly just wait till next year. i have the opertunity to buy a 2007 F150 screw from my uncle but i may just wait untill i can find a decent 250 or a 350. i get my license in march and it ussually stops snowing by then.wesport