1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my new v blade

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ServiceOnSite, Oct 3, 2007.

1. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

this this was bought in 04/07 by a guy who truck ended up getting repoed. he said he spent near 5k for the plow put on his truck. he sold me everything( wireharness, truckside mount, controller and plow) for 3k. it still has a warrenty on the damm thing. i figure i can use the plow for 3 years and still sell it for 3k. what do you guys think? also the mount is off of a 02 ford f250 and its for sale. email me if interested Guesswhoeatsit@aol.com

plow pic.jpg
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck, but isn't that blade a bit big for that saggy GM front end. LOL
  3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Nice to see another Boss owner!
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Specs on the truck? :) Real nice!! good price on the plow
  5. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

Is that a Duramax?
  6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

LOL the decal on the windshield doesnt give it away? :rolleyes:
  7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

No, It appears to be a 6.0l gas.

:dizzy: :dizzy:
  8. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Love the hood, plow looks good but why didnt you get the Duramax engine??:eek:
  9. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Ha ha thats awesome :p
  10. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Sweet truck I love the 2 dual rotators Nice plow too!
  11. tom5301

tom5301 Member

I am interested in your mount can you give me a call at 913-207-3661 Tom
  12. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

theres also a go light that goes in the middle of the truck on top of the rack. i take it off in the summer so i can go through delta sonic. specs on the truck ita a lbz DURAMAX 360hp 650 lbs of tq
    shes got almost 36k on it. love the truck. strobes on all 4 corners. gonna put them in the plow head lights as well. no kitty or muffler and the bullydog triple dog helps me beat those pony cars lol its a blast.prsport
  13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Its a Duramax?! :D
  14. jimpac1

jimpac1 Junior Member
    from ct

I'm gonna ask a completely dumb question, but i'm a novice here. What is the purpose of a v-plow? 06 boss, where in CT are you from?
  15. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

A V allows you to have more choices of how to move the snow. The obvious A shape to break a path, then it can angle left and right like a normal blade, and it will also do a scoop (V) shape to carry snow. It makes breaking a path in deep snow easier and it allows you to carry windows and stuff easier. Also Instead of only being able to angle the plow left and right you have seperate control of each wing. (ex. right wing forward, left wing straight, right wing back, left wing forward, etc)

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Literally with a v blade you can cut your time in half if you know how to use the plow. You can windrow everything to one side and then scoop the plow and take more than half of the windrow to the pile. What would have taken you a hour to do will take you about 30 min. But like I said you have to know how to operate them, and be able to be quick with your truck to be able to cut your time down. There are a few more buttons to deal with on the controller also. Go to bossplow.com or even youtube and watch a vid on a vee plow and see just how cool they really are.