1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new used spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by beck, Jan 5, 2004.

1. beck

beck Junior Member

spreader

dsc00452.jpg

2. beck

beck Junior Member

back

dsc00453.jpg

3. beck

beck Junior Member

left side

dsc00458.jpg

4. beck

beck Junior Member

It has an 8.5 HP B&S

dsc00454.jpg

5. beck

beck Junior Member

She needs a little bit of TLC but I think she will turn out fine and make me some money, If we ever get any snow or ice. Looking ahead at another day of cold temps then temps back in the 40s.

6. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

dosn't look bad, good luck with it. I've learned though that spreaders are one pice of equipment not worth buying used.

7. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

I think it's great, even if you have to spend $300 or $400 to fix something, you are money ahead, and you're probably not making payments either.

8. beck

beck Junior Member

Here are some of the latest pics. One shows the new controller which now has a blast-off-on button on top for salt control, a throttle control button to increase and decrease the throttle, a on/off switch for the unit and the last button is the start button. We need to run two more wires to finish it, one is for the orange choke light and the other will be an added red light letting me know the engine is running. The green light lets us know we are spreading salt. The grey box is the old controller which allowed the unit to be turned off from in the cab and control the salt, but it had to be started at the engine compartment.

dsc00460.jpg

9. beck

beck Junior Member

The second picture shows a battery box to keep it out of the weather and a shackle for tie down purposes since the holes provided are too small for the hooks on my straps.
    We also replaced one light, which was broken and added a back up light. We also changed from the four pin connector to a 7 pin to allow for the back up light.

dsc00462.jpg