1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My "new" truck...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ChevKid03, Jan 8, 2010.

1. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Well I got sick and tired of beating up my 07 Duramax in the streets and want to keep the cash flowing and also needed a dump for the summer to haul the bobcat around with so here she is... .It's a 95 F350 with the 7.3 powerstroke... Has 125k on the odometer, is 4x4 and needs a little bit to be up to snuff.... cab corners, rocker panels some front end work and a directional switch (you gotta play with it to stay on)..... picked it up for $3500 with the 9 foot fisher that needs a new face... Oh yeah, I checked the oil pan and it was JUST replaced.... I was happy to see that!

2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

nice, i got the twin to that truck except mines a 97 good find :drinkup:
  3. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

For 35 bills you did good..
  4. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

I always wanted a dump truck like that. It Looks good
  5. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

You made a good choice going with a Ford :D!
  6. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

How did you beat up your Dmax?
  7. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Nice find, I would love to have a truck like that.
  8. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

The truck just isn't made to be plowing roads like the ones out this way. Bumpy, huge potholes etc etc... I think the truck needs to weigh alot more and have a bigger blade... That's why I went with the dump. Cheap and NOT my everyday driver like the d-max... If that breaks, I'm S*#t out of luck.... Not to mention I'd rather "work" the 3500 dollar truck than the 30000 dollar truck too....
  9. Quality SR

Have the same bumpy, potholes, and manhole filled parking lots and roads here. Atleast you have a trip edge. How much weight do you keep in the Chevy? How much bigger of a blade are you going with on the dump?
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  10. Quality SR

I thought you were giving up the roads for driveways? Did that fall through?
  11. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Nice find and looks like it's in good shape.
  12. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

of course its a ford they will run forever
  13. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Clean air, clean oil, and clean fuel will make that truck run forever. Good deal at $3500.:drinkup:
  14. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I was running 1000lbs in the bed of the d-max.... gonna re-skin the 9 footer that is in the bed and run it for now cause that's what I got... Like I said, I just want to put the abuse on the cheaper truck so the d-max can be the driveway machine for now.... who knows, I may even sell my x-blade setup.
  15. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I was going to give up the roads but i figured if i could get an older dump and throw someone in the seat and make money without even being there.... that'll do. Besides, I make more money residentially anyway.... Can put 1k in my pocket on a 4" storm by banging out my driveways here..... I won't even get called out for a 4" storm to do the roads..
  16. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Lets hope so... :nod:
  17. Sticks

Sticks Senior Member
    from Ontario

Very nice find.....

What is the deal with the oil pans.... please excuse me im new to this... and im going to look at one today!
  18. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

It is bactually the only thing bad with the last of the 7.3's

That was when Ford started going downhill with thier Drivetrains The 6.4's and 6.0's have thier own issues.
  19. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

the oil pans rot out from the inside out and are very expensive to replace... around $1800 to have it done correctly...
  20. dreamer

dreamer Member

How many driveways are you doing per storm??