1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new truck!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mike custom, Nov 20, 2009.

1. mike custom

mike custom Junior Member

Figured i'd post it on here, i just got her the other day and it's getting a 9' 2" Boss Power V XT in a week or so! It may not be a racecar, but its torquey and nimble. plus I have a 10 foot bed and an I-pak on a 136" wheelbase!

2. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Sweet!!!!!!!!! Your Getting A Nice Plow And It Will Turn On A Dime!!
  3. mike custom

Yeah I need to get me some hideaways and a strobe bar next....and a sander.....and some nasty tires....
  4. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

I would love to see more, looks as maybe its a 4x4? Seems to be sitting pretty high. please keep us updated a beautiful truck.
  5. mike custom

yeah it's 4x4 and a standard 5 speed. 10 inches of ground clearance. Exhaust brake and a nice cab...standard power mirrors and doorlocks and heated mirrors. I think the gears are something like 5.30s? i know the last generation had 5.70s! This thing in 4L crawls so slowly at idle in first that you could get out and walk around it.
  6. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

very nice truck, good luck with it and dont forget to post when you get the plow on :drinkup:
  7. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, cant wait for pics with the plow.
    That does sit really high.
  8. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a nice truck.
  9. timboy

timboy Member
    from Ny

Nice truck the awesome thing about flatnose trucks is watching the plows every move.
  10. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

i like how high it sits. thats nice
  11. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

mike where in FC are you? great truck, i'd love to check it out after you get it outfitted with a plow. whats your GVW? i'd like to get something like that around 23 or 25.9K gvw (albeit 2wd probably)
  12. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Senior Member

that thing should push some snow! Nice.
  13. terracon

terracon Junior Member

These engines are great the only problem is that these trucks rust out bad on the front and front floor area. This is a common problem with Fuso so with snow I wouldn't keep this truck too long.
  14. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Always wanted one of these! Real nice, can't wait for more pics once the installs are done

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

how much do are you gonna drive it? will itbe used as a daily or for work only?

what kind of mileage do they get?

i like it, i drove a mack midliner when i was 17 , it was an awesome view for sure
  16. mike custom

Just got the plow mounted today....needless to say i'm psyched!!

17. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

That is awesome, Im looking at getting a cabover in the spring,
  18. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Looks like a plowing beast
  19. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

How about a GMC6500?:waving:
  20. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

The GVW is 14050 lbs I believe.

Nice truck. I love cabovers. They are so maneuverable and visibility is awesome.

For those who have never drove one...

A 112.6" wheelbase Fuso has a 37.7' turning diameter.
    A new F350, 56.5'. A F450 51.5'. A Chevy 3500 53.2'.

If I ever had to get a new dump, The Fuso FG140 would be at the top of my list.