1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by KrisR, Oct 26, 2009.

1. KrisR

KrisR Member
    from NH

its a 2009 3500 with the wide out, i got it about a month ago and had it lineXed about 10'' up on the doors bed and rockers, also did all 4 wheel wells. truck should be lettered soon.:bluebounc

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

2. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Nice truck man! Looks like you've been putting that linex to good use.

3. KingDuramax

KingDuramax Senior Member

Nice. Looks good

4. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Awesome!!!! You'll Love the Line-X...I have the same on my truck!!!!!!

5. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

Where did you get the linex done? and if you don't mind me asking what did it cost?

6. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice looking rig you got there now bring on the SNOW

7. KrisR

KrisR Member
    from NH

Thanks guys, I got it done at the Bow location in Nh, cost me $700 they were great there.

8. schutti86

schutti86 Member
    from NH

Nice truck, looks great!! I am from the area, do you live in Bow? Whats the name of your company?

9. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

$700!! that is a great deal for line x on the rockers and wheel wells. I was quoted $1200 at the place where I had my bed done. that was $495 to do the 8 ft bed and ove rthe rails. looks sharp. how does the front end hold the wideout. Did you crank the T bars and put timbrens in.

10. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, that linex looks pretty good on the right truck.

11. KrisR

KrisR Member
    from NH

I didn't do anything to the front end I was just going to crank the t bars but I didn't feel like having it alined. Hopefully it will have a western spreader in it for my counter weight but who knows. I should have financed it with the truck.....

12. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Would you mind taking a picture with the plow raised? Im interested in that same setup, but am curious how the 3500 holds that heavy of a plow.wesport

13. KrisR

KrisR Member
    from NH

there is like 3 1/2- 4in of clearance :( granted there is no counter weight other than 8 cinder blocks.... and the fact that the plow mounts are low to begin with, thats western for ya... ill take more pics in the morning.

IMG_0366.jpg

14. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

Nice, you have the same truck as us... Ours is red, has a Boss V plow tho... Ours nose dives too... How much was the line ex?

15. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Buy a dodge and you wont have to worry about the clearance on the front! Mines an 02 2500 and it hardly brings the front end down and i dont have any counter weight, But i do have to say that is a sharp looking rig!

16. Deco

Deco Senior Member

you gotta Duraslap to push that wideout ?:nod:
    nice wheel !

17. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

Yeah, but with the chevy he wont have to buy a new truck every year! Nice setup btw.

18. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Thats funny! I have never had to replace anything other than 1 ball joint and two u-joints in 9 years of plowing with my 97 and my 02 has been trouble free for 5 years. Hmmm sounds pretty good to me!

19. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Dont even think twice about cranking the bars up I cranked mine 4 turns and 22 k miles later the tires are not worn uneven Raising the frt end does change the alignment a very small amount, not enough for anyone to worry about it.A couple or few even turns should get u close. And crank them back down in the spring if u dont like ur truck sitting even.

20. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

So true about the right truck makes it look awesome, a buddy of mine has a red 02 chevy1500 with the line X like that and its looks alright but i think the black on black looks much better.